Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Likes Given: 0
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal
Re: Assassin Creed Syndicate

SmG Beasty Wrote:
SmG Battlefire Wrote:
SmG Beasty Wrote:Snore. It's sort of like uncharted. The first couple of times it's ok.

When you get to the point where there's a game every year, you know you ducked up.

If a franchies is just one or two games long the lore isn't deep. That is why people like Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Halo, Mass Effect and all other long franchies. The lore is so complex and deep. That is why I like Assassin's Creed because the story is so interesting to me. That I want to learn more about the lore. Another reason why I really love Halo and Mass Effect.

I'll always encourage devs to continue the franchies as long as they can. To expand the lore so that I can explore and enjoy it.

"Muh generic shooters are so deep."

Said literally no one ever. People looking for story play RPG's. The reason these franchises are so long is because suckers buy ever rendition. "I know we just came out with a game last year, but here's a reskinned version of the exact same game. But it's totally innovative man, we changed like... two things. So, yeah."

You're getting played nerd, and people like you who eat up every rehash is why franchises like Halo died at 3. Why should they have to make a truly good, innovative sequel when they can add like 3 things, reskin the hud and textures and slap a $60 price tag on it every year? Stop, you're killing the industry by not demanding more from these people.

Shooters are not deep? You must have not follow any of Halo's releases at all. 343i literately had to hire authors to write books because they can't explain the whole story with just games. Novel's that are actually based of a video game. There are hardly any RPG's out there that actually have novel's. Don't even mention the Witcher considering it was based off the books not the other way around.

All the Halo books:
Halo: The Fall of Reach
Halo: The Flood
Halo: First Strike
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
Halo: Contact Harvest
Halo: The Cole Protocol
Halo: Evolutions
Halo: Broken Circle
Halo: New Blood
Halo: Hunters in the Dark
Halo: Saint’s Testimony
Halo: Last Light
Halo: Shadow of Intent
Halo: Cryptum
Halo: Primordium
Halo: Silentium
Halo: Glasslands
Halo: The Thursday War
Halo: Mortal Dictata

Halo Live Actions:
Halo 4 Forward unto Dawn
Halo: Nightfall

Don't even mention the comics they published. Like Halo: Escalation which I think has 14 volumes. Or Hunt the Truth which has audio 13 episodes each 20 minutes long.

So yeah Halo which is a shooter has deep lore.
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
17 Jun 2015, 03:24 PM
Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

SmG Battlefire Wrote:Shooters are not deep? You must have not follow any of Halo's releases at all. 343i literately had to hire authors to write books because they can't explain the whole story with just games. Novel's that are actually based of a video game. There are hardly any RPG's out there that actually have novel's. Don't even mention the Witcher considering it was based off the books not the other way around.

All the Halo books:
Halo: The Fall of Reach
Halo: The Flood
Halo: First Strike
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
Halo: Contact Harvest
Halo: The Cole Protocol
Halo: Evolutions
Halo: Broken Circle
Halo: New Blood
Halo: Hunters in the Dark
Halo: Saint’s Testimony
Halo: Last Light
Halo: Shadow of Intent
Halo: Cryptum
Halo: Primordium
Halo: Silentium
Halo: Glasslands
Halo: The Thursday War
Halo: Mortal Dictata

Halo Live Actions:
Halo 4 Forward unto Dawn
Halo: Nightfall

Don't even mention the comics they published. Like Halo: Escalation which I think has 14 volumes. Or Hunt the Truth which has audio 13 episodes each 20 minutes long.

So yeah Halo which is a shooter has deep lore.

What the fuck is your point? Nobody gives a shit. The vast majority of people buy them for multiplayer. I doubt anybody is sitting there contemplating this "extensive lore" in the five hundred books they didn't read when they're getting someone's nutsack in their face online.

The thing about RPG's is they don't need novels because all the thought behind the game is, you know, actually worth something; meaning not only is it all actually in the game, but that it's all actually relevant.

I don't by a game to facilitate a series of fucking books m8. I buy a game because it stands by itself as a quality piece of work- or at least it should, unless people continue to support stupid rehashes like Gears of Halo: Uncharted Creed of Duty. Don't forget to buy the Hardened Edition.
17 Jun 2015, 04:14 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service

That is where you are wrong. 343i has posted a poll in Halo Waypoint asking the community if they want extra campaign content or multiplayer. Campaign got the highest vote so 343i had all DLC free with extra campaign content on release date. With another coop campaign coming three months after release for FREE. So all extra content including 15 maps will be free because they don't want people behind or miss out of the extra story.

So wrong again m8.
17 Jun 2015, 04:36 PM
Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

SmG Battlefire Wrote:That is where you are wrong. 343i has posted a poll in Halo Waypoint asking the community if they want extra campaign content or multiplayer. Campaign got the highest vote so 343i had all DLC free with extra campaign content on release date. With another coop campaign coming three months after release for FREE. So all extra content including 15 maps will be free because they don't want people behind or miss out of the extra story.

So wrong again m8.

You're assuming the majority of people who play the Halo games visit Halo Waypoint, which we both know they don't.

You're assuming the extra campaign content will be any more relevant to the majority of the people who don't really care about Halo's campaign, which it won't.

The thing about saying "wrong again" is that I have to be wrong a first time. I called Halo, just like most other AAA bullshit, to lack any sort of significant depth. You answer back by stating that it has 400 trillion books. Well that's fan-fucking-tastic, but for starters we are talking about Halo (and really all AAA rehashes) GAMES, as in the game itself. Last I heard, the books weren't demonstrated at E3. Last I heard, you don't play books, so not only are you wrong, but your argument is irrelevant to this conversation anyway. Depth means more than 10,000 pages of "lore". These AAA games are not inventive, they clearly have no incentive or ambition to do things that would brake their financial model, and so they don't innovate or reimagine themselves or even, oh I don't know, start new IPs after 8 games of the same shit. And that's the fucking problem, is that people like you think that depth comes from quantity, not quality, so you demand nothing from them, and this is what we get.
17 Jun 2015, 05:00 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service

From the populace of the poll. Yes majority knows about Halo Waypoint.

And no people care more of the story than the multiplayer for Halo. Literately no one talked about the multiplayer for Halo nor the new gametype warzone. Everyone talked about the campaign and how Agent Locke has a place in the story.

Roster Teeth had a live feed and people only wanted to try out the Halo 5 Demo and not the new gamemode warzone.

So yes you are wrong. People are more looking forward to the campaign than the multiplayer.
17 Jun 2015, 06:25 PM
Find Reply