Current time: 02 May 2024, 09:31 AM

Poll: Is Stinger a nig?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
77.78%
7 77.78%
No
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Difficult Decision
Offline Donald J Trump

9 Years of Service
Threads: 51
Likes Given: 0
ProgrammerDiscord WarriorFortniterFlamerBronze Medal
Re: Difficult Decision

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Wandless_spell
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Nonverbal_spell

Can i become a god?
[Image: 6P0CtQT.png]
24 Sep 2015, 11:49 AM
Find
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendary
Overwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe Bomb
GamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian

Wandless and non-verbal are entirely different.
Also bear in mind, the only time Harry was able to use non-verbal spells was in the first book, before he actually knew he was a wizard, which is a common form of magic typically displayed in children which magical abilities.
Upon obtaining a wand, he has not demonstrated any use of wandless spells. The times when he was disarmed, he was pretty much useless.
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
24 Sep 2015, 07:27 PM
Find
Offline Donald J Trump

9 Years of Service
Threads: 51
ProgrammerDiscord WarriorFortniterFlamerBronze Medal

who says i have to be harry.
[Image: 6P0CtQT.png]
24 Sep 2015, 10:10 PM
Find
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal

SmG Phoenix Wrote:Wandless and non-verbal are entirely different.
Also bear in mind, the only time Harry was able to use non-verbal spells was in the first book, before he actually knew he was a wizard, which is a common form of magic typically displayed in children which magical abilities.
Upon obtaining a wand, he has not demonstrated any use of wandless spells. The times when he was disarmed, he was pretty much useless.

Actually if you look at the Battle of Hogwarts. Him and the other students don't yell out spell names. They were trained to bring out magic abilities through will. Learned it in his 6th year at Hogwarts at the Defense of the Dark Arts class.
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
25 Sep 2015, 03:54 AM
Find
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service

@tnak
If it's not Harry then what are you saying? As the wiki says, only extremely powerful wizards can do that. Most of the other students were not god tier, just normal students. So they could probably do non-verbal, but not wandless.
Which brings me to the point, @Battle, 'power of will' is in reference to non-verbal I'm pretty sure. Find me page where they did wandless spells. Again, no wand, Harry is as normal as any other person.

25 Sep 2015, 04:12 AM
Find
Offline SmG Stinger

Reaper
12 Years of Service
Threads: 584
Discord: Stingaz#8558
Gavel of TrinityThe BombGuardianOverwatchThanks From CloudSpeaker of the House
LegendaryDiscord WarriorDiamondWriter5KGamer
The BombHalloweenPet LoverChristmas 2018Discord MasterBronze Medal
Cool

Lightsabers can cut through a Harry... problem solved
[Image: Stinger-1.gif]
25 Sep 2015, 04:24 AM
Find
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service

SmG Phoenix Wrote:@tnak
If it's not Harry then what are you saying? As the wiki says, only extremely powerful wizards can do that. Most of the other students were not god tier, just normal students. So they could probably do non-verbal, but not wandless.
Which brings me to the point, @Battle, 'power of will' is in reference to non-verbal I'm pretty sure. Find me page where they did wandless spells. Again, no wand, Harry is as normal as any other person.

You definitely didn't read the books. The first time Harry cast the levitation spell with the help of Professor Lupin. He didn't use a wand. He easily done that due to the fact his mother Lily been able to levitate a flower with her hands without a wand. And controlled had the flower open under her will.

[Image: lily-blooming-flower-o.gif]

Again you have to read the books to go in more detail. The movies didn't show as much details due to length of the actual movies. Even in the movies the students been able to do things without using their wands. Like having the books float and turn pages by will. Also described in the books.

Or the time Harry made a window disappear in the first movie and books? Way before he knew anything about magic. Or in the book Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry casts the Lumos spell in the dark alley to get some light and find his wand. Which again his mother been able to do when she was 11.
25 Sep 2015, 04:43 AM
Find
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service

Fuck off, I read the books, however, I haven't reread them over 2 years now.
I just said earlier if you had read, children display a certain level of magical ability before they get their wand.
I don't remember Lupin ever teaching Harry levitation.
Also I don't remember Harry casting Lumos in an alleyway.

Now I understand the whole point of referencing in my academic essays. Literally the worst thing to try and debate issues without references.

25 Sep 2015, 05:12 AM
Find
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service

SmG Phoenix Wrote:**** off, I read the books, however, I haven't reread them over 2 years now.
I just said earlier if you had read, children display a certain level of magical ability before they get their wand.
I don't remember Lupin ever teaching Harry levitation.
Also I don't remember Harry casting Lumos in an alleyway.

Now I understand the whole point of referencing in my academic essays. Literally the worst thing to try and debate issues without references.

Well I'm not going to waste my time referencing every single thing from all the books because you forgot. But Harry been able to use spells without using his wand. Also don't be a hypocrite dude. You haven't reference a single point you made.

There is many examples Harry been able to harness magic without a wand. There were wizards who been able to do it too. Alastor Moody, Albus, Andros, Remus Lupin, Merlin.

Albas, Lupin and Moody were Harry's professors.

Again, read the books again because I'm not in the mood to site every fuckin detail from the books. You choose to believe it or not. You choice.
25 Sep 2015, 05:52 AM
Find
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service

Some of the examples I got from WIKI. Copied and pasted.

In the film adaptation and video game of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Hermione Granger casts the Confundus Charm at Cormac McLaggen whispering the words into her hand.

Albus Dumbledore has only demonstrated wandless magic a couple of times in the Harry Potter books. He demonstrated wandless magic in the film adaptations of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince; transfiguring the Slytherin banners in the Great Hall to that of Gryffindor's, saving Harry Potter from falling to his death during a Quidditch match (as well as extinguishing and re-igniting a candle), summoning the Champions' names from the Goblet of Fire (after dimming the Great Hall's light sources), repeatedly repelling Harry Potter back from his duel with Lord Voldemort, and (after again, dimming the lights in his office) setting a young Tom Riddle's wardrobe on fire respectively.

Tom Riddle, a.k.a Lord Voldemort, also only performed wandless magic in the films, not counting the controlled magic he performed prior to going to Hogwarts. In the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire film, Voldemort wandlessly knocked Harry to the ground, deflected Harry's Disarming Charm by waving his hand, and magically lifted Harry from the ground with one hand, apparently applying force to the latter's face whilst forcing him to his feet. He again used wandless magic on Harry in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, impatiently disarming the boy with a wave of his wand-free hand. In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, Voldemort again used wandless magic to move a dead giant out of the way and to restrain Harry by using his cloak.

In the film Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Draco Malfoy appears to close the shutters on the Hogwarts Express without a wand, though its more likely that a Protean Charm had been place upon them.

In the book Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry casts the Lumos spell in the dark alley to get some light and find his wand. The spell was cast without the wand in his hand and yet the wand itself performed the Lumos spell which allowed him to know where the wand was.
25 Sep 2015, 06:12 AM
Find