Current time: 03 May 2024, 06:15 AM

Fitness
Away SmG Blade

9 Years of Service
Threads: 127
Likes Given: 1
GeniusThanks From CloudDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterHalloweenChristmas 2018
Fitness

So I had a chat with someone which made me think about the fitness of myself. I will be starting a workout today onwards to help me lose weight and keep myself healthy.

Do you guys do anything specific to keep yourselves in shape and where do you get the motivation from?

Or Do you have any plans that you will follow in the near future to improve yourselves?
Stonks
06 Aug 2017, 07:33 PM
Find
Offline SmG Zube

SmG Member
7 Years of Service
Threads: 3
Likes Given: 0
Joker
RE: Fitness

Well the number one thing is really diet. when working out its 80% diet and 20 % exercise so if you do start working out you will also will need to eat right food for your goal. Example if you want to gain muscle you would eat lots of nutrition stuff and carbs because your body need the energy and protein in order to grow the muscle. So it is mainly what you eat the results you get when going to gym you eat bad and go to gym your results will be bad. Other note if you never skip the breakfast because it is at this time when your body starts working hard to wake you up to so when you skip breakfast you skip big part in your body to gain energy and then you start gaining fat. But when it comes to working out always take your time don't rush with raising your weights to show off and stuff like that. Start small weights and long reps don't forget everyone has started with low weights no one starts with huge 20 kg dumbbells because its stupid you will gain nothing out of it and you will waste time. My motivation to go to gym don't have one haha I just go because I like it makes me feel good and relaxed and makes me feel happy after working out.
Bit of this Bit of that  
06 Aug 2017, 07:57 PM
Find
Offline Kite

Zemox's maid
Donator
8 Years of Service
Threads: 55
Discord: Kite
Bronze MedalThanks From CloudGeniusDiscord WarriorJokerSilver Medal
HalloweenChristmas 2018Emerald DonatorBronyHalo GodHalloween 2019
Crystal Donator

I agree with everything zube says espically the gym part focus on small and ensure u have proper technique most guys at the gym are nice enough to show u if u doing something wrong so take advice.

As for getting started and how to commit I like music so get some good earphones that won't fall out so u can lift or jog listening to music and tbh u don't need to go to the gym push-ups sit ups and various body weight exercises u can find on the internet are perfectly adequate if u just want be in shape.

And as for motivation it should simply stem from why ur working out in the first place as u said ur a fat shit (Jk) so ur motivation should be that u wanna lose weight no matter what man I wish you the best of luck blade
(This post was last modified: 06 Aug 2017, 08:18 PM by Kite.)
06 Aug 2017, 08:14 PM
Find
Away SmG PDrilla

11 Years of Service
Threads: 69
GreenCS:GO Tournament AwardFortniterDiscord WarriorLegendary

No pain no gain

Just keep in mind its good to be sore.
[Image: Pdrilla.png?width=1442&height=515]
06 Aug 2017, 08:20 PM
Find
Away SmG Blade

9 Years of Service

Thanks Kite and Zube. Appreciated.

PDrilla thanks for that one liner.
Stonks
06 Aug 2017, 08:22 PM
Find
Offline SmG Zube

SmG Member
7 Years of Service
Threads: 3
Joker

that is true :D you can work out body weight exercises it will increase in massive amounts of strength, endurance and muscle growth.
Bit of this Bit of that  
06 Aug 2017, 08:22 PM
Find
Offline SmG Prodigy

OG Member
13 Years of Service
Threads: 59
Discord: OhMyProdigY#9496
GreenHalo GodSapphire DonatorThanks From CloudCS:GO Tournament AwardLegendary
FortniterThe BombCoolDrunkGamerChristmas 2018

Zube is right. Diet is more important than going to the gym and working out. You wanna stay away from any fast food or junk food really. If you don't know how to cook then this a perfect time because, cooking at home makes it some much easier to eat healthy. Supplements are really good too, but they're only there to help you not do the work for you meaning you still have to eat right and exercise to get results. For example, I'm not a fan of eating when i wake up, so i like to start with a protein shake, and maybe a granola bar if I'm feeling it. But a good breakfast would be eggs, or a healthy cereal with some cut into it. Lunch and Dinners can be almost the same, meat is good for protein so fish, chicken, and beef but you want lean meat not a lot of fat. carbs like Zube said so rice, and pasta are good. Any greens are good too. Do some research to find some other things you might like more. This is just what i like to stick to. But dropping a lot of junk out of your diet will make help too, like keeping sugar to a minimal. sodium if you're trying to lose weight. Going from soft drinks to water or a healthy tea. Getting your body on a schedule helps too. As far as working out, if you're just going to the gym for the first time or getting back into it, cardio would be a big emphasis in the beginning to first off lose some water weight and second expand your lungs, getting your heart to pump, because it is a muscle remember, and start to build some endurance because you will be breathing heavy when you start to really lift. Actually lifting like everyone is saying body weight exercises are great. When it comes to actually weights though at first start light like zube said, and stick to basic lifts. Low weight and 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps is what i tell the 8th and 9th graders I train with. I also stress not burning out too quick or taking too long to work out. a good session for an average person trying to stay in shape should be 30-60 minutes. Ive written a lot can can go on but ima end it here

Edit: motivation for me is like zube, I just go because i like it. It can make me change my mood. I'll have bad days, go to the gym, get a good pump, and i walk out happy as hell. If you're like me once I put those headphones on to stretch and warm up, I'm in another zone.
[Image: 01wSZwN.jpg]
H2VGT: Oh My ProdigY
XboxGT: TheJakeProdigY
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/OhMyProdigY/

(This post was last modified: 06 Aug 2017, 08:43 PM by Prodigy.)
06 Aug 2017, 08:37 PM
Find
Away SmG Blade

9 Years of Service

Thanks Prodigy. Will note.
Stonks
06 Aug 2017, 08:40 PM
Find
Offline Mystic

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 25

If your biggest concern is losing weight, the most important thing to remember is that eating more means you'll put on more mass. If you find yourself hungry frequently and trying to snack, try and just drink some water instead to starve off your urge to eat until your next meal.

In addition to a better diet, add in some cardio. It's hard to get into at first, and it could be as easy as a long walk or hiking in a trail to start, but there are so many benefits. Personally, I started off running 5 years ago and I turned from a fat kid into a national championship competitor. Now that I'm in "retirement," I continue to run a few times a week and do some lifting to maintain the same shape I was in when I was racing.

As far as motivation goes, I don't want to become what I used to be, and my personal drive is knowing that there's always something to work on.
[Image: 1857690141.png]
(This post was last modified: 06 Aug 2017, 10:50 PM by Mystic.)
06 Aug 2017, 10:48 PM
Find
Offline SmG Dragonrage

Royal Dragon
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Gavel of TrinityLeague of LegendsProgrammerCoolCrystal DonatorLegendary

managing carbs, protein, and sugars is key. if you want to drop fat fast, drop most carbs and almost all sugars. this will cause your body to burn fat more quickly. and as mystic said, drink water when you are hungry or eat vegetables like celery, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, and carrots. getting enough fiber is important. as far as keeping motivation up for working out, remember progress can be slow at first, as if you are not used to working out a lot, your body has to build up endurance and reserve strength before you can start increasing the weight you can lift. also never compare yourself to others. just focus on what you did last time and try to do a little more than you were able to the last time, but be sure to learn your limits and not to push them too much or you can hurt yourself
[Image: mla7mw8hs3u0g9czg.jpg?size_id=5]
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
06 Aug 2017, 11:32 PM
Website Find