Current time: 28 Apr 2024, 04:45 PM

Suggestion : To bring SmG back to its prime.
Away SmG FuriosLoki

SmG Member
6 Years of Service
Threads: 8
Likes Given: 0
Discord: FuriosLoki
Discord Warrior
Suggestion : To bring SmG back to its prime.

I know the title sounds a little stupid and might not work but take a look for what I am about to write. It's going to be a long one so do keep an open mind and look through the suggestions I have.

First of all, the SmG community is huge and active and here am I thinking, why not take advantage about this and make SmG well known again. There's a few approach to this that I've thought of.

(1.) YouTube
YouTube itself is a huge platform that consists of millions viewers, hence the best approach that I think there is.

What can be done in YouTube?
Weekly upload of content. This means every week, there will be videos uploaded onto the YT channel of SmG. 

Ways of Approaching
There's 2 ways of approaching when we are making contents to be uploaded onto the channel.
1. SmG members making contents for the viewers community and entertain them. (without involving community)
2. Play together with the community where there's involvement between the members and viewers/fans. (involving community)

What kind of content/games?
1. Gmod
Gmod is a big sandbox which practically gives the player the freedom to do whatever they want as long as they have the imagination to do so. This is why I think Gmod is a good game for us as a stepping stone into a brighter future. There's a lot of games within Gmod itself, such as Trouble in Terrorist Town(TTT), Prop Hunt, Guess Who, Movie Time, Death-Run, or even Role-Playing and many more. Below is links of examples of games that we can consider in playing.

Guess Who - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvVyD6S414
Death Run - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlA40jh_Hig&t=251s
TTT - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mlkm8hOxCU
Prop Hunt - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKf6Kh9GYGo

This game takes the 1st approach where SmG members will play among themselves and not the community to create content.

2. Minecraft (Same goes for Roblox)
Minecraft itself has the biggest community base that I've ever seen. Humans from the range of Male to Apache Helicopters, 3yo - Necromancers, plays Minecraft. As I realised that we have our own server according to https://smgclan.net/showthread.php?tid=14609, I think this is a good way to bring SmG into the community. I had come across kids, fathers, brothers, mothers, sisters, asking if anyone is willing to play Minecraft or wanted to play Minecraft together. Since we have a server, why not? 

Ideas for the Minecraft Server
There's countless types of servers that could be found on the Internet but still they are full of players. This means even though it's repetitive, Minecraft players still find it interesting to play. Skyblocks are one of the few modes there is that is popular and flooded with players. However, just purely Skyblocks isn't interesting. Hence, add raiding, looting systems, PvE, PvP and others (that you guys can think of) would add the fun into it. To me,  it could be like World Of Warcraft - Minecraft Edition. Another point to this is that through Minecraft Servers, we're capable of doing microtransactions which brings in revenue to support our forums and whatnot. It could be from buying ranks or special weapon/armor/gear in our MC Server.

This game can take the 1st and 2nd approach in attracting players to join our MC servers where we could make our own content and still play with our community.

Example of Skyblocks that I've in mind - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2UhJJOC...davPwomvxz

3. PlayerUnknown's Battleground (PUBG)
PUBG has been on a rise and kept on growing due to its fun in game mechanics, concept and constant update. Hence, we should take this to our advantage and make content out of it, getting chicken dinners or doing stupid acts as long as it provides a good content quality. This could be done with 1st and 2nd approach, as SmG members can play like the PUBG zombies, where SmG members are the survivors and the ones left will be the community as zombies. 

Zombies VS Players - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rppRuCDP4M
Some gameplay - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIVMpY5eFq4

4. Overwatch
Overwatch has been my favourite due to the constant fun you'll get from QP, Ranked, and most of all, Custom Game/Lobby. A lot of content could be produced from here as I know we have quite a bunch of people played OW and has high SRs which could lead to a lot of views and fan.

Few ideas that may work

Drunk Placement - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMBI4YxRJTk
Custom Lobbies - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_n4wpidUC8https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgovSWJMLnMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSaeN-uzr7U

5. Rust (applies to Forest too)
Rust is fun too according to few of the members and played a lot. So what can be done, use 2nd approach and make a server ourselves and invite the community to join and play together. 

There's whole lots of other games that could be used to make content such as BattleBlock Theater, LFD2, Rainbow Six Siege and much more as this community plays hell lots of games.

(2.) Twitch
Well this is more difficult to explain but I'mma try mah best. What I have in mind is create a clan/community like how Fnatic or ZF(Zero F*cks Clan) so we can list down the streamers that's on our community that's willing to stream and promote the SmG community. 

How this works? 
We have multi ethnics community here which means we all live in different timezones and what not. This maybe able to keep the stream running basically 24/7 providing different contents of gameplay from Overwatch to Minecraft. The gameplay from here could also be uploaded to YouTube.

The SmG twitch channel is available to every streamer that's with SmG. Let's say if a streamer would like to stream on his/her stream, we could use SmG's twitch channel to host for their channel and that streamer could say something like "Thanks for the host, SmG Gaming Community. They have always been a family to me blah blah blah". That streamer could also use SmG twitch channel to stream on in while using the their own channel to host for SmG twitch channel. 

Point of this is to maintain the relationship between the community and streamers where it will bring benefits towards SmG Gaming Community.

(I know at this point you will feel like all this might be pointless and just a waste of effort but bear with me a little more.)

(3.) Facebook/Twitter (or Instagram)
These 2 social platform allows us to let the community keeps up to date with what are we doing like recording, editing, activities and etc. Giveaways could be done on these platforms too and it's a great way to put SmG's name out there as user's will need to like, comment and share to participate in the giveaways. 

If this works well for us, in 1 to 2 years, we'll be capable of bringing SmG back to it's prime state. Not only that, soon we will be able to do better giveaways or competition/tournament or what not. Might even capable of making merchandise for SmG. A lot of pros can be obtained these efforts.

However, there are cons too Flails
Need constant attention, we all have our own work, school, jobs, there's a little amount of time to even make this efforts possible. Plus this "project" will need constant attention for at least a year and if there's anyone that bail in the middle of it, it's hard to keep it together. 

There is a need of lots of department such as editing, marketing, advertising, content maker, server mods and lots more.

I really hope that this could work and SmG could rise back up like it used to. Do let me know if this would or wouldn't work in the replies. Even this wouldn't work, I would like to know why wouldn't it work. Kthxbai.
28 Nov 2017, 11:31 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Drago

12 Years of Service
Threads: 124
Discord: drago2030#9134
JokerCoolCS:GO Tournament AwardLegendaryThe BombThe Bomb
The BombGamerHand-held/Mobile Gamer
RE: Suggestion : To bring SmG back to its prime.

Good Idea, but i hope we dont get to that stage where we market ourselves, since this IS a community, and we want people to have fun. thats just my opinion over the 6 years that i havr been with SmG as a clan and recently as a newly founded community.

to me, your idea looks like a business plan in the last part of your letter.

We have some people that are working out on GMOD and its game modes,
Minecraft will soon be bigger than usual, i hope.
PUBG, Overwatch and rust i have no idea.
We have a few streamers, but i dont have a say.

We have social media but it is dead for a while, we should use it again.

I and a couple of server manager are trying to make some servers for CSGO and possibly ArmA 3 if we have enough time to do it.
[Image: ixqcnOT.png]
Member -> Admin -> Member -> Senpai Member -> Recruiter  -> Senpai Member -> Server Manager -> Support -Senpai Member
[力こそすべてだ]
Original Avatar by TID - https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=418969
29 Nov 2017, 02:30 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendary
Overwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe Bomb
GamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian

Imma reiterate what Drago said as well, SmG is IN ITS CURRENT PRIME in the 6 years I've been here. Get it into your head that this is the best SmG has ever been. And although many suggestions are sound, many can be ACTED UPON BY YOU ALONE. You can make videos or at least find someone to make the videos and collaborate. You want a better minecraft server? Contact the server admins like Shawn and collaborate with them to improve the server.
We have both a Facebook and Twitter as well. If you looked long and hard around the forums, you might have found them.

These types of posts, although interesting are the most frustrating (not hating on you in particular). Because it shows that the member isn't wishing to steer their own ship, rather, prefers to tell others what to do. I'm not saying the ideas are shit, quite good actually, but I've attempted Youtube and Twitch and unless you understand the difficulties of those platforms and developing them, first hand, your suggestions will be flawed and at times invalid.

So this is a message to all members wishing to future improve SmG. Look at your ideas and have a think, can you yourself truly do nothing, nothing at all? Or do you simply wish to throw down a post with a bunch of ideas, not act, walk away and hope others will follow you.
I'll give you a prime example, I thought Uzzy was all bark and no bite as well, but he's actually doing something and following up his ideas and pushing for them with the admins.

If you want to be noticed, promoted, etc, say what you WILL DO rather than say what you THINK we should do.
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
29 Nov 2017, 02:58 AM
Find Reply
UzzyFTW

Unregistered
54 Years of Service

(29 Nov 2017, 02:58 AM)Phoenix Wrote: Imma reiterate what Drago said as well, SmG is IN ITS CURRENT PRIME in the 6 years I've been here. Get it into your head that this is the best SmG has ever been. And although many suggestions are sound, many can be ACTED UPON BY YOU ALONE. You can make videos or at least find someone to make the videos and collaborate. You want a better minecraft server? Contact the server admins like Shawn and collaborate with them to improve the server.
We have both a Facebook and Twitter as well. If you looked long and hard around the forums, you might have found them.

These types of posts, although interesting are the most frustrating (not hating on you in particular). Because it shows that the member isn't wishing to steer their own ship, rather, prefers to tell others what to do. I'm not saying the ideas are shit, quite good actually, but I've attempted Youtube and Twitch and unless you understand the difficulties of those platforms and developing them, first hand, your suggestions will be flawed and at times invalid.

So this is a message to all members wishing to future improve SmG. Look at your ideas and have a think, can you yourself truly do nothing, nothing at all? Or do you simply wish to throw down a post with a bunch of ideas, not act, walk away and hope others will follow you.
I'll give you a prime example, I thought Uzzy was all bark and no bite as well, but he's actually doing something and following up his ideas and pushing for them with the admins.

If you want to be noticed, promoted, etc, say what you WILL DO rather than say what you THINK we should do.

I think he wants out input. And tbh as a normal member it is HARD to make ideas happen.

Glad to see this post, you gave me some ideas too! I love them all (:
29 Nov 2017, 05:52 AM
Away SmG FuriosLoki

SmG Member
6 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

(29 Nov 2017, 02:30 AM)D.O Kyung Soo Wrote: Good Idea, but i hope we dont get to that stage where we market ourselves, since this IS a community, and we want people to have fun. thats just my opinion over the 6 years that i havr been with SmG as a clan and recently as a newly founded community.

to me, your idea looks like a business plan in the last part of your letter.

We have some people that are working out on GMOD and its game modes,
Minecraft will soon be bigger than usual, i hope.
PUBG, Overwatch and rust i have no idea.
We have a few streamers, but i dont have a say.

We have social media but it is dead for a while, we should use it again.

I and a couple of server manager are trying to make some servers for CSGO and possibly ArmA 3 if we have enough time to do it.
I think I started it out wrong with the title. What I meant by "Bringing SmG back to its prime" (or what it's in my mind actually) is that back to when a bunch of people jump on into a server and actually have fun together, not where currently we all just sit in discord chatting with each other (which I think it's fine, not saying this with a bad intention .-.) and I hope this clears it out Flails 

I agree with you and totally didn't even notice that this sounds more like a business proposal than a mere suggestion. What's on my mind is that since we do play games and some of us do record it, why not show to the viewers' community and actually pull in people that's genuinely wanted to play games and have fun rather than being a troll on discord which causes lots of :banhammer: I do know there's a work on GMOD's stuffs on going based on the few threads that I've gone through and the suggestions I gave are pre-made mods that's obtainable easily, which is why I think it's a fun way to do so :) Rust itself has potential and I maybe should dig into it myself like what Phoenix said. I will try to follow up on the servers for CSGO and Arma 3.

(29 Nov 2017, 02:58 AM)Phoenix Wrote: Imma reiterate what Drago said as well, SmG is IN ITS CURRENT PRIME in the 6 years I've been here. Get it into your head that this is the best SmG has ever been. And although many suggestions are sound, many can be ACTED UPON BY YOU ALONE. You can make videos or at least find someone to make the videos and collaborate. You want a better minecraft server? Contact the server admins like Shawn and collaborate with them to improve the server.

Yes, I can do some of this by myself and I'll try to find a way to make these videos happen and stop thinking (I do think a lot and didn't do it .3.). I will find Shawn and ask em about the servers and see what I can do to help. I did not search hard enough for the social platforms but I'm glad that we do have it Bulba For the Youtube and Twitch thing, I'm getting into it and I should probably just dig deeper before making this suggestion (my fault here), I'mma do something about it too. No, I don't simply wish to throw ideas to people and just hope they act on it so I could claim that it's my idea and claim my contribution. I hope that this isn't making a bad first(?) impression as I'm just purely giving suggestions and if it's a green light, I'll do it. On final note, I'm not doing this to get a promotion or to be noticed so I could be the famous/well-known dude here and I'll sure do to DO rather thank THINK what you guys should do. I hope that I didn't start off on the wrong foot with you guys Flails Thanks for the advice and notes on what's wrong with my thinking as I do appreciate it  Flails

(29 Nov 2017, 05:52 AM)UzzyFTW Wrote:

I think he wants out input. And tbh as a normal member it is HARD to make ideas happen.

Glad to see this post, you gave me some ideas too! I love them all (:
It's is sort of hard for me to make it happen BUT as what Phoenix said, it could be done and I'm just talks for now and no actions (my mum said that about me too FeelsBadMan) I do hope that I could contribute to this community even just a mere "suggestion" (more like bullshiz the more I read over it). @Uzzy if help is ever needed, let me know, I might be new and probs bad at it but do ask for help if you ever want/need Bulba
(This post was last modified: 29 Nov 2017, 11:04 AM by FuriosLoki.)
29 Nov 2017, 10:30 AM
Find Reply
Away SmG Blade

9 Years of Service
Threads: 127
Likes Given: 1
GeniusThanks From CloudDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterHalloweenChristmas 2018

I mean reading this thread gave me some ideas too but not in my field. By your title, honestly, SmG is at peak performance right now and rising.
Stonks
29 Nov 2017, 11:06 AM
Find Reply
Away SmG FuriosLoki

SmG Member
6 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

(29 Nov 2017, 11:06 AM)Blade Wrote: I mean reading this thread gave me some ideas too but not in my field. By your title, honestly, SmG is at peak performance right now and rising.
Ikr..... I think I've started out with the wrong title... Always bad at starting stuffs but what I meant was back to when SmG are playing with each other and not just sit in discord(doesn't mean that I'm opposing it), explained it on the earlier reply Flails FeelsBadMan
29 Nov 2017, 11:10 AM
Find Reply
Offline Kite

Zemox's maid
Donator
8 Years of Service
Threads: 55
Discord: Kite
Bronze MedalThanks From CloudGeniusDiscord WarriorJokerSilver Medal
HalloweenChristmas 2018Emerald DonatorBronyHalo GodHalloween 2019
Crystal Donator

I like alot of these ideas tbh and I know the reason you put them here was to see if they were any good before you started going about trying to get them done, which is a very good move on your part. I approve.
29 Nov 2017, 12:13 PM
Find Reply
Away SmG FuriosLoki

SmG Member
6 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

(29 Nov 2017, 12:13 PM)Kite Wrote: I like alot of these ideas tbh and I know the reason you put them here was to see if they were any good before you started going about trying to get them done, which is a very good move on your part. I approve.

I'll do what I can, thanks for the approval.  Flails
29 Nov 2017, 07:13 PM
Find Reply