PC ISSUES!!!
Offline SmG SORT

6 Years of Service
Threads: 64
Likes Given: 0
Discord: SORT#6443
Emerald DonatorDonatorFortniterThe Bomb
Thumbs Down  PC ISSUES!!!

My pc keeps randomly restarting, I checked the windows event viewer and get this message - "Critical -Kernel Power-ID-42-TASK CATEGORY-63" with a message underneath saying "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I'm almost sure that its my power supply that's bad I still have a 172 day warranty on it, but I've read other forms that are saying its stuff with your audio drivers and I'm getting a lot of different answers, I wan't to know if it could be my cpu or gpu or ram, but I've tested all of those and I've received no errors regarding the crash, I've gone to the extend of re installing windows and wiping the whole compute clean, and still nothing, to this current time i have no virus's and temp's for everything are normal, in and out of games even the power supply temps are normal, no under voltage to the cpu or mother board noticed, I'm honestly lost right now and can't find a clear answer.
Any help would be nice,
Sort
  [Image: SortDone.gif]
03 Jan 2018, 07:57 PM
Find Reply
Offline Spark

Registered
6 Years of Service
Threads: 2
Discord: Spark #8603
RE: PC ISSUES!!!

(03 Jan 2018, 07:57 PM)SORT Wrote: My pc keeps randomly restarting, I checked the windows event viewer and get this message - "Critical -Kernel Power-ID-42-TASK CATEGORY-63" with a message underneath saying "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I'm almost sure that its my power supply that's bad I still have a 172 day warranty on it, but I've read other forms that are saying its stuff with your audio drivers and I'm getting a lot of different answers, I wan't to know if it could be my cpu or gpu or ram, but I've tested all of those and I've received no errors regarding the crash, I've gone to the extend of re installing windows and wiping the whole compute clean, and still nothing, to this current time i have no virus's and temp's for everything are normal, in and out of games even the power supply temps are normal, no under voltage to the cpu or mother board noticed, I'm honestly lost right now and can't find a clear answer.
Any help would be nice,
Sort

You are using windows 10 ?
[Image: CfHLpOg.gif]
04 Jan 2018, 02:28 AM
Find Reply
Offline ProfGome #tech-support

Banned
Banned
6 Years of Service
Threads: 57
Likes Given: 2
Discord: ProfGome#7978
FortniterLeague of LegendsGamerSuper ComputerValentines Day RubyBronze Medal
Discord WarriorScoutHalloween 2019InstagramDiscord MasterDrunk

(03 Jan 2018, 07:57 PM)SORT Wrote: My pc keeps randomly restarting, I checked the windows event viewer and get this message - "Critical -Kernel Power-ID-42-TASK CATEGORY-63" with a message underneath saying "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." I'm almost sure that its my power supply that's bad I still have a 172 day warranty on it, but I've read other forms that are saying its stuff with your audio drivers and I'm getting a lot of different answers, I wan't to know if it could be my cpu or gpu or ram, but I've tested all of those and I've received no errors regarding the crash, I've gone to the extend of re installing windows and wiping the whole compute clean, and still nothing, to this current time i have no virus's and temp's for everything are normal, in and out of games even the power supply temps are normal, no under voltage to the cpu or mother board noticed, I'm honestly lost right now and can't find a clear answer.
Any help would be nice,
Sort

Probably, ram is insufficent (broken)
04 Jan 2018, 02:58 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG SORT

6 Years of Service

(04 Jan 2018, 02:58 AM)ProfGome Wrote:
Any help would be nice,
Sort

Probably, ram is insufficent (broken)
I just purchased new ram 2 months ago perfectly new I’m believing that’s it’s the power supply I claimed my RMA on evga so hopefully that fixes it and yes I’m on windows 10
04 Jan 2018, 10:00 AM
Find Reply
Offline Uber_

Registered
6 Years of Service
Threads: 1
Discord: Uber ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ #2878

If you have warranty it wont hurt just to get a new psu and see if it gets better
07 Jan 2018, 03:10 PM
Find Reply
Offline Knight Rye

SmG Donator
Donator
6 Years of Service
Threads: 23
Likes Given: 5
Discord: Knight Rye#2421
Sapphire DonatorThanks From CloudAdvanced DonatorSmoothLegendarySuper Computer

Reset the BIOS to defaults, and if that doesn't work, then try changing out your power supply.

I would also suggest going to your PC manufacturer's website and downloading any driver updates, especially BIOS. If you do not have a pre-manufactured PC, then just go to all the respective websites, and again I say, especially the BIOS website and update them all.
[Image: ezgif.com-gif-makerb746bf2d1852a444.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07 Jan 2018, 03:33 PM by Knight Rye.)
07 Jan 2018, 03:31 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG SORT

6 Years of Service

(07 Jan 2018, 03:31 PM)SleepyRhino Wrote: Reset the BIOS to defaults, and if that doesn't work, then try changing out your power supply.

I would also suggest going to your PC manufacturer's website and downloading any driver updates, especially BIOS.  If you do not have a pre-manufactured PC, then just go to all the respective websites, and again I say, especially the BIOS website and update them all.

Yup is was the bios i was 4 updates behind its all good now :)
Sort SmGLove
07 Jan 2018, 08:18 PM
Find Reply