Australian Poster
Registered
6 Years of Service
Threads: 23
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Sammy#1389
Emerald Donator
Exclamation  Banned on discord and banned from SmG

I have read the SmG community guidelines/rules.

I was banned from SmG and the SmG discord.

The accounts I were banned on is the account I am posting this from (Sammy) and Sammy#1389 for on discord.

I would've been banned shortly after 2:52pm GMT +8 (12th March 2018).

I am unsure of he exact reason why I was banned due to not being told it but I am believe I know the reason why. I believe the reason was because I had gotten in trouble and been muted so many times and the latest time pushed it over the edge.

I do not have screenshots of what I did to push it over the edge to be ban worthy so the only evidence I can provide is a testimony as to what happened. I was on the Australian Defence Force website when I stumbled across something that said women do not have to get their genitalia checked during physical examinations but men do. I was outraged by the double standard so I copy and pasted the paragraph that said that into italics so people knew what I was talking about then I do a rant about how it is sexist. I was then told to keep it SFW but that confused me dur to the lack of any swearing etc so I decided to take the safe route and just finish up my rant. Then not long later I thought it would be funny if I did a song prank (message someone/a group of people a sog in parts without them realising) so  i typed in chat something along the lines of "I would like to tell you all a sad anecdote of mine" then proceeded to message parts of 'All Star'. Once everyone had caught along I was at the part of the song that said the "...finger and your thumb in the shape of an 'L' on your forehead." and since everyone had along I decided to change the lyrics for a sort of dry humour finale so I wrote "...finger up your bum" followed by jokingly saying "GG COMEDY GOLD 10/10 HE OSCAR GOES TO SAMMY!". I then got warned for the past two things and i just thought to myself that a mod must've misunderstood me and thought I was trolling hence I started to prepare an appeal but when I went back I saw I had been banned then went back to the forums to check my suspicion that I had been banned from SmG too and my suspicions were correct and I saw no SmG title. Since I suspect that the reason was also because of past warnings I want to add that around half of those warnings I was appealing due to the warnings being a result of a miscommunication, blatant false/exaggerated, etc. I know I have an uneasy past with SmG which I am ashamed of and extremely sorry for. I have anger issues due to my ADD which was quite potent at the time I joined which is visible as you can see a large decrease in frequency between my warnings/mutes. In the month I've been here I have seen psychologists which has improved my condition and I have been actively trying to behave at a better standard. I am usually a friendly and a very active member of SmG and I would love for it to remain like that until I am old and wrinkly! I love SmG and I love each and every one of the people in SmG. I am deeply saddened to be in a position like this and I have a huge intrest in improving my current state for myself and everyone around me, including SmG and SmG members, visitors, supporters, scouts, mods, senior members, new members, and admins. If my appeal is unsuccsessful I would like to take this opourtunity to say an unoffical farewell and best wishes although I wish that not to be the case and to get a fresh start allowing me to be enligtened, entertained, left in awe, and above all feel loved by the people of SmG's wonderful voices and keyboards via voice and text chats respectively. ❤

Below is the screenshots of my warnings (things blacked out are from other servers:

http://imgur.com/IROOmVF

http://imgur.com/dQ8Xwjf

Edit: If I didn't write something for a specific question given in the format it means nil, no, unsure, etc.
[Image: b5qjwp2ipkrx.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12 Mar 2018, 04:52 AM by Sammy.)
12 Mar 2018, 04:26 AM
Find
Offline SmG Phoenix

Ignatius Regis
12 Years of Service
Threads: 396
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Phoenix#8984
Gavel of TrinityHearthstone GodOverwatch5KEmerald DonatorLegendary
Overwatch Tournament AwardWriterDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterFortniterThe Bomb
GamerGeniusChristmas 2018Bronze MedalGuardian
RE: Banned on discord and banned from SmG

Just to clarify, you've ONLY been banned from our Discord, not the entirety of SmG.

But yes, you are correct. You've simply created too many problems and your name has popped up numerous times when talking amongst staff. As it stands, there were only so many chances we were willing to give you before we decided that enough was enough. After the SFW change of general chat, we hoped it was evidently clear, what kind of chat we wanted to have.

Many of those warnings that you've received (even though I only glance at chat these days) are in fact, true. In some instances, I would even say that the warnings you've received are slightly misleading because you've made repeated offences multiple times.

So here's the course of action we are taking:
We will keep you banned indefinitely on Discord. Reason being, that unbanning you may cause more problems towards staff if you do not swiftly improve. We will leave you unbanned on the forums in a hope to monitor your activity and hopeful change for the better. If that were to occur and we deem your actions to be appropriate enough to refit into the community, then we will ask you to create another ban appeal.

As of now, if you wish to fully leave, that is your decision, but the staff are open to seeing you change.

Please remember to understand and follow the rules to prevent any future incidents.

/Locked
[Image: wksDXoi.gif]

Member -> Recruiter -> Recruiting Director -> Mod -> Captain -> Admin
12 Mar 2018, 09:05 PM
Find