8 Years of Service
Threads: 55
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Kite
Bronze MedalThanks From CloudGeniusDiscord WarriorJokerSilver Medal
HalloweenChristmas 2018Emerald DonatorBronyHalo GodHalloween 2019
Crystal Donator
RE: What are we?

(02 Aug 2018, 09:49 AM)ConnecXun Wrote: It's not my place to say anything here, but I should clarify that this "used-to-be-clan" has moved onto a community, whereas it is not just standing on one single game but others as well.
True, from what I heard it used to be a fun clan that plays Halo like crazy, but events are still now holding. Just game-related anymore, but giving out chances to people to show what they can do in this community. Old or young, we're the same. It's only the matter of fact if you're willing to accept for what this community has become.

Trust me it's def your place to have an input, you're apart of the community after all. It tends to happen every so often where an old head who was dead for a few years comes back and immediately just starts complaining. We had a legit discussion about changing the clan to a community on our teamspeak and forgive me if i'm wrong I guarantee he wasn't there.

People like complaining without giving suggestions, I know that normal members are allowed to host events (assuming if they want a cash prize they seek funding) so it's not like if he noticed the lack of events he couldn't do anything about it members have hosted brawlhalla and CS:Go tourneys before.
02 Aug 2018, 03:38 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Darkfire

11 Years of Service
Threads: 48
GamerLegendary

@Kite First of all Kite respect the fact that I have years on you here. You certainly talk high and mighty for a non-member from 2 years ago. I took a year break to focus on important things like College and running my company. I don't need your smartass comments, Im asking if people here even game anymore and if so, than I want to talk about starting some new gaming events and putting together an strategy that I have in mind. I never said I wasn't up for giving suggestions, as you rudley commented on. I want to know what I'm working with before randomly giving stupid ideas out that may already be done or that noone is interested in. If your not going to answer my question than simply ignore this thread instead of wasting my time with stupidity.
If anyone does still game here, than im interested what people are gaming on, pc or xbox, as thats what im most interested in and have a few ideas on how getting some events and training planned for certain games similar to how we had it in the past. Im currently putting some things together and will be sending them to cloud to approve.
[Image: DarkFireDonePNG.png]
02 Aug 2018, 07:00 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG luzifer

5 Years of Service
Threads: 33
Discord: she booty#4235
FortniterGraphics MasterDiscord WarriorCoolScoutValentines Day Ruby

With it being big, it comes that anyone can join, and thats why spam is present as well, sadly i didn't know that this was a halo clan, and gaming events sound like a great idea
[Image: 969nxh4.gif]
02 Aug 2018, 07:22 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Darkfire

11 Years of Service
Threads: 48
GamerLegendary

@"blznit" thank you for the input this is what i was hoping to hear. I have some ideas putting together currently about some popular games that i enjoy playing. Feel free to message me if your interested in helping me with this. IM currently thinking that we can get a part in the forum for sea of thieves, rainbow 6, and Cod as those are very popular.
[Image: DarkFireDonePNG.png]
02 Aug 2018, 07:35 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG luzifer

5 Years of Service

(02 Aug 2018, 07:35 PM)Darkfire Wrote: @"blznit"  thank you for the input this is what i was hoping to hear. I have some ideas putting together currently about some popular games that i enjoy playing. Feel free to message me if your interested in helping me with this. IM currently thinking that we can get a part in the forum for sea of thieves, rainbow 6, and Cod as those are very popular.
I am interested in this as hell my man, great idea
02 Aug 2018, 07:40 PM
Find Reply
Offline All Seeing Fries

Fortnite King
Banned
5 Years of Service
Threads: 8
Fortniter

(02 Aug 2018, 07:35 PM)Darkfire Wrote: @"blznit"  thank you for the input this is what i was hoping to hear. I have some ideas putting together currently about some popular games that i enjoy playing. Feel free to message me if your interested in helping me with this. IM currently thinking that we can get a part in the forum for sea of thieves, rainbow 6, and Cod as those are very popular.

I've been working on a Fortnite Tournament format for a few weeks, like before I even joined SMG. I'd be more than happy to organize it once I have everything from A to Z ready to go and I have fallbacks for any issues that might happen. If I were to do this thing, I'm doing it right. I'm sure the same goes for you Dark.
02 Aug 2018, 07:44 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG luzifer

5 Years of Service

(02 Aug 2018, 07:44 PM)All Seeing Fries Wrote:

I've been working on a Fortnite Tournament format for a few weeks, like before I even joined SMG. I'd be more than happy to organize it once I have everything from A to Z ready to go and I have fallbacks for any issues that might happen. If I were to do this thing, I'm doing it right. I'm sure the same goes for you Dark.
Sounds amazing, whenever u do it, make sure to dm me or somethingg :D
02 Aug 2018, 07:49 PM
Find Reply
Offline All Seeing Fries

Fortnite King
Banned
5 Years of Service
Threads: 8
Fortniter

(02 Aug 2018, 07:49 PM)blznit Wrote:
(02 Aug 2018, 07:44 PM)All Seeing Fries Wrote:

Sounds amazing, whenever u do it, make sure to dm me or somethingg :D

Absolutely will! I'll need at least 2-3 others help. Especially If I want to have a cast of finals etc.
02 Aug 2018, 07:56 PM
Find Reply
Offline Kite

Zemox's maid
Donator
8 Years of Service
Threads: 55
Discord: Kite
Bronze MedalThanks From CloudGeniusDiscord WarriorJokerSilver Medal
HalloweenChristmas 2018Emerald DonatorBronyHalo GodHalloween 2019
Crystal Donator

(02 Aug 2018, 07:00 PM)Darkfire Wrote: @Kite First of all Kite respect the fact that I have years on you here. You certainly talk high and mighty for a non-member from 2 years ago. I took a year break to focus on important things like College and running my company. I don't need your smartass comments, Im asking if people here even game anymore and if so, than I want to talk about starting some new gaming events and putting together an strategy that I have in mind.  I never said I wasn't up for giving suggestions, as you rudley commented on. I want to know what I'm working with before randomly giving stupid ideas out that may already be done or that noone is interested in. If your not going to answer my question than simply ignore this thread instead of wasting my time with stupidity.
If anyone does still game here, than im interested what people are gaming on, pc or xbox, as thats what im most interested in and have a few ideas on how getting some events and training planned for certain games similar to how we had it in the past. Im currently putting some things together and will be sending them to cloud to approve.
I didn't mean any disrespect in what I said and if you took offense to anything I said  I apologize. Your initial statement could have been phrased alot better however, it was just you randomly bashing every aspect, calling new members morons and etc. I'm glad to hear that you have ideas for it I'm just saying you could have phrased your initial topic a lot better, don't get mad at me for not knowing something if you don't give me a chance to know anything 

Good luck with your events and I'd be happy to help.

p.s never said u didn't have suggestion I just said most who tend to complain don't, my apologies.
(This post was last modified: 02 Aug 2018, 08:02 PM by Kite.)
02 Aug 2018, 08:01 PM
Find Reply
Offline «SmG» Cloud

The King
Administrators
13 Years of Service
Threads: 2,104
Likes Given: 107
Discord: Cloud#2911
Speaker of the HouseDrunkFortniterDrunkDiscord Warrior5K
A Knight of The Round TableGamerTwitterHalloweenPet LoverChristmas 2018
Valentines Day RubyGolden GuardianBoost GangHalloween 2019ScoutBug Hunter
Diamond

(02 Aug 2018, 03:21 AM)Darkfire Wrote: My last post and my last time on are two different things. I wasn’t really one for posting I more spoke in the chat. But if not a clan than is their any point to this anymore? All I’m hearing is
1) no longer game
2) anyone can join
3)don’t have severs anymore
4) literally no point in moving up unless one gets mod otherwise basically powerless
5) no real point for website outside of applications to a community forum that even if your not a member you have the same ability yes as a regular member.

We had almost no events back in the Halo clan days. It seems you are viewing SmG through nostalgia glasses (Like I do often). Then I go back to screenshots and videos and remind myself it was no where near as fun as it is now. It was much worse back then. SmG has grown to be something so much better since. I agree we are not perfect but nothing is. All we can do is work hard each day to make it better. As for gaming events we still have them it just takes time to get things into action I am actually planning a Fortnite event and have been.

But the point being with gaming events is... well okay so lets say we do a CSGO/Halo/COD tournament we have 30K people in our Discord and even with an @ everyone only 20 or so show up. This is because not everyone can participate, like the game, or even have the game. So now we try to hold events that anyone can enter or at least a majority can enter (performing competition, open mic, sig contest, etc..). On top of all this we don't have many people that commit to hosting the events, we even went as far as making an event organizer role for the second time in SmG history. As I expected, it failed because its alot of work to do an event and most people would rather chill in voice chat and play games with their friends. There is literally nothing you get from hosting an event other than hopefully enjoying it yourself and most of the time its not because your focusing on making it go smoothly.

So the game server situation is tricky. We had servers up until a few months ago (up for 8+ years). I finally realized it is not worth the money to run dedicated gaming servers in 2018. We were getting less than 1% of new members from our game servers which were very expensive. Not to mention the amount of time and effort that it took running the dedicated servers. I was spending hours on end for little to no return. Other members here can even vouch for this point Prodigy, Stinger, CC, Flash, Conflict, Nukem, and many others know that it was a pointless effort in terms of making SmG better. People send months preparing amazing game servers just to be empty for months. It was just one of those things we finally had to let go of. It was more work than it was worth. If anyone here wants to run SmG gaming servers on their dime and using their time please fell free! Just contact me first to let me know.

The only thing I found even remotely successful in terms of game servers this year was our Minecraft server that members worked so hard on. I actually plan to bring this back but with everything going on and day to day stuff I haven't had a chance. My current dedicated server is crashing and have not had anytime to trouble shoot it. So eventually we will have a minecraft server again because it was fun for the 25 or so members that did play.

The reason we opened our doors to everyone here is because we were tired of having it so dead. We only had a few posts and members active. There can't be an SmG if there is no members. We made a decision a while ago to more from a clan to a community. But I hate saying that because we are SmG we aren't defined by one word. We are so much more than a clan or a community.

As for promotions being a staff member is alot of hard work. It most of the time isn't fun and can be extremely stressful. Most people here wouldn't even want staff if they knew how much work it was. But being a staff member can teach you discipline, hardwork, better communication skills, and overall just be a fun experience, especially for younger members. It will show you how to work as a team and learn to work with others who have different backgrounds, ideals, and opinions than you. It will allow you to have your hand directly involved in shaping SmGs future. Being a staff member here is tons of work I will admit but it can be a great experience. As a staff member you get what you give. If you work hard and put time into it then you will get something out of it. If you sit around don't do much then you won't get much out of it. 

Anyways I hope I answered your questions. If not then let me know what else you want to know.
[Image: b4eQPAf.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02 Aug 2018, 08:39 PM by Cloud.)
02 Aug 2018, 08:29 PM
Website Find Reply