Current time: 01 May 2024, 07:49 PM

Novice Archer... Im looking for tips!
Offline Excidium

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 11
Likes Given: 0
Re: Novice Archer... Im looking for tips!

[Image: Bowtech%20commander.JPG]

this is my baby
I am Yesterday,Today, and Tomorrow, and I have the power to be born a second time. I am the divine hidden soul who created the gods and gives sepulchral meals to the denizens of the deep, the place of the dead, and heaven...Hail, lord of the shrine that stands in the center of the earth. He is I, and I am he!
28 Sep 2011, 10:36 PM
Find Reply
Away Sorrow

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 58

SmG Excidium Wrote:okie dokey archery my specialty i have been doing it for 5 years so any qustions just pm me.
tips well you only have a light poundage bow so you won't be able to shoot accurately more than say... 30 meters. your arm thats holding the bow don't lock it straight just keep it sort of relaxed and a bit of a kink in your elbow.
use three fingers to grip the string at the first joint at the tops of your fingers.
have a reference point on your face that you pull back to like the tip of your nose or under your jaw to keep it consistent
when you release don't try to physically release it just relax your fingers
try not to grip the bow too much that will make it sway sideways when you release just let the tension of you pulling the string hold it against your hand
don't lower your bow until the arrow has hit the target
thx alot man, that really helped me, now if i only stopped hitting myself with the string
Give a man a mask, and he will reveal his true self.
28 Sep 2011, 11:23 PM
Find Reply
Offline Excidium

Registered
13 Years of Service

get an armguard or a bit of plastic tie and it round the inside of your arm
I am Yesterday,Today, and Tomorrow, and I have the power to be born a second time. I am the divine hidden soul who created the gods and gives sepulchral meals to the denizens of the deep, the place of the dead, and heaven...Hail, lord of the shrine that stands in the center of the earth. He is I, and I am he!
29 Sep 2011, 12:02 AM
Find Reply
Offline Alloy

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 232

SmG Sman545 Wrote:lol only thing i have learned bout archery is by reading rangers apprentice :lol: but seriously bro just practice practice practice and if u keep going t it soon ull be able to shoot arrows like u shot em sniper bullets in ce BOOM HEADSHOT!!
I read that book too! Its my favorite book. Those rangers shoot like its a sub machine gun! Too bad i didnt read the 10th book. Something aout chinese dudes. Oh, sorry way of topic. if your doing it far a way. i would put your bow a little upwards. If your doing it in a small distance. Then i would put everything i got on that arrow.
29 Sep 2011, 12:10 AM
Find Reply
Away Sorrow

Registered
12 Years of Service

SmG Excidium Wrote:get an armguard or a bit of plastic tie and it round the inside of your arm
the protector that was with the bow... is to small for my arm xD
29 Sep 2011, 12:12 AM
Find Reply
Offline Excidium

Registered
13 Years of Service

too much muscle eh? its only 25 pounds its not going to hurt your arm much. i did wind my compound bow up to 60lb i underestimated its power and i broke my knuckle on the cable keeper
29 Sep 2011, 01:38 AM
Find Reply
Away Sorrow

Registered
12 Years of Service

YO excidium, TY ALOT for the tips. my aiming increased alot, 3 of 5 shots lands on the target, but do you have any ideas for making a target? im using a box filled with foam xD and the arrows still go through it
29 Sep 2011, 03:26 PM
Find Reply
Offline Excidium

Registered
13 Years of Service

making your own target is a pain in the ass depends on how much work you want to put into it.
some suggestions
some slabs of high density memory foam or if you want to go to more trouble cut it in strips and lay them on top of each other and pack them tightly into a box
you can use the stuff that disposable nappies are made out of.
tightly packed plastic will work like the thick plastic they use to i dunno wrap big things in
or strammit you can get sheets of it some places. they used to use it as walls "the building material of the future" my ass. its tightly packed hay/straw and you cut it in to strips and lay it in the target so your shooting into the hay on end if that makes any sense
anything tightly packed seems to work
^that was totally non sexual
29 Sep 2011, 08:42 PM
Find Reply
Away Sorrow

Registered
12 Years of Service

Well, i totally improved my accuracy, i shoot now from 20 meters and i still get bullseye, looks like im made for this, thx for your tips dude, and i still hit myself with the string, lol
02 Oct 2011, 04:41 PM
Find Reply
Offline rokolie

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 3

first, practice holding the bow and learn the correct positions. Don’t worry about not hitting the target. Focus on the correct form and the follow through. Then, slowly develop your own mental program and positive mental habits. It is important for a good archer to stay focused and concentrate on their shots. So, you should practice and rehearse your mental program often. It will get you through the pressure and anxiety during your competition. :nyan:
[Image: capremoved.jpg]

[Image: 25025no2.gif]

[Image: 2iqekwj.png]
02 Oct 2011, 05:03 PM
Find Reply