"Nani, can you make some new threads" - NaniGill
Offline SmG KangarWu

SmG Member
6 Years of Service
Threads: 46
Likes Given: 0
Discord: ₖₐₙgₐᵣwᵤ#8753
"Nani, can you make some new threads" - NaniGill

Since this is the case, hello those that wanna see this.

Let's talk about having technology in the palm of our hands... all the time. Let's make this controversial  TellMeMoar TellMeMoar TellMeMoar

I think at this point in time, we can safely say that those that grew up on technology, sort of depends on it like its no tomorrow...

I was speaking with my barber as he was giving me that nice fade. We both had a nice conversation on how today's generation of kids (of course not all of them but like 90% minimum) are entirely glued to the surface of their phones and their computers like their life depends on it.

Like, even when he was cutting someone that was in highschool, he said he could not believe that between two seconds into changing clips, the kid kept checking his phone out. 

Also, kids that are not even 5 years old REQUIRE a tablet or phone for them to sit still. If the child did not have a device in their hands, a big tantrum was thrown. 

I consider my total usage of technology to be around maybe 4 hours at most a day (give or take). This includes games, youtubing, and discord vc/chatting (80%/15%/5%).

P.S.
IF you use technology mainly for work, you're considered excluded.
26 May 2019, 10:13 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Ranger

Weeb Spanker
Captains
6 Years of Service
Threads: 56
Likes Given: 11
Discord: Zaddy Ranger ☭#9291
Discord WarriorDiscord MasterBronze MedalThanks From CloudSilver MedalValentines Day Ruby
A Knight of The Round TableGatekeeperBronze MedalJokerHalloween 2019Boost Gang
The BombEntertainerDiamondBug HunterBug Hunter
RE: "Nani, can you make some new threads" - NaniGill

#SayNoForTechnology
[Image: ranger.gif]#Scaru4ban
26 May 2019, 10:15 AM
Find Reply
Offline Linamium

Hey There
5 Years of Service
Threads: 49
Likes Given: 7
Discord: Linamium#4667
TwitterScoutDiscord WarriorHand-held/Mobile GamerDiscord MasterGamer

I have a two year old sis
She's all day in YouTube dont worry Kappa
[Image: CvEaOK8.gif]
26 May 2019, 11:09 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG KangarWu

SmG Member
6 Years of Service

(26 May 2019, 11:09 AM)Linamium Wrote: I have a two year old sis
She's all day in YouTube dont worry Kappa

interesting interesting  Lul Lul

(26 May 2019, 10:15 AM)Ranger Wrote: #SayNoForTechnology

lets bring this back to the 1700s
(This post was last modified: 26 May 2019, 11:12 AM by KangarWu.)
26 May 2019, 11:11 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Nani

SmG Donator
Donator
5 Years of Service
Threads: 241
Likes Given: 42
Discord: Nani#8321
OverwatchGamerTwitterPet LoverDiscord WarriorScout
Discord MasterEntertainerDiamondHalloween 2019InstagramGolden Guardian
BronyDrunkGatekeeperEntertainerFortniterDiamond
StreamerValorantValorant TournamentCrystal DonatorHand-held/Mobile GamerBoost Gang
Super ComputerThanks From Cloud

I had to babysit a little girl once. I prepared games and fun stuff we could do together but guess what. The only thing she wanted to do was play Minecraft on her tablet. And when I tried to go play outside with her she started crying and said she gonna tell her mom. So we actually stayed inside. 

It’s kinda sad watching those kids using technology that much. They get all those phones and tablets so easily. 
But of course you can’t expect kids to not to use the technology if their parents use it 24/7. 
Some of them who’s parents can’t afford a tablet or an iPhone even get bullied because of that. Seriously? Because of a damn phone? 

Technology makes our life’s so much easier but also so much harder at the same time. Like it’s easy to search something on the internet or to chat with someone instead of meeting in real life.  People use social media’s and think they have friends. But by staying home and chatting with someone, people don’t get enough of the real social contact. And they get lonely.
You can’t even imagine how many people have this problem because of technology. 

I use my phone 24/7, I spend a lot of time in discord but when I have to chose between going outside with friends or stay home I will always chose the first one. 

P. S. - Naniboi makes such good treads. Thanks!
[Image: signature2.gif]
(This post was last modified: 26 May 2019, 12:17 PM by Nani.)
26 May 2019, 12:16 PM
Find Reply
Offline «SmG» Rooma

The Vacuum
Administrators
5 Years of Service
Threads: 158
Likes Given: 5
Discord: Rooma#9984
ScoutValentines Day RubyDiscord MasterCoolA Knight of The Round TableSupporter
GatekeeperSpeaker of the HouseThe BombCrystal DonatorThanks From CloudGolden Guardian
Halloween 2019DiamondValorant TournamentBoost Gang

Interesting. Well i use technology basically 24/7 even when i go outside with friends because cmon who doesn’t check social media every 5mins. Nowadays we are in a technology era and definitely kids are going to use technology all the time and its a daily thing for them. As you said, Nani yes kids throw a tantrum when they dont get to use technology.

And as technology is becoming more of our lifestyle it gives attention to the question how will the kids right now that are addicted to internet will be in 30 years from now when they have children? Are they gonna make their children play games? get addicted as they were once were?

That’s what im looking for in the future! The way parents are gonna teach their children and how are they gonna adapt to it ;)
[Image: 4lwLnj4.gif]
26 May 2019, 12:59 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Nani

SmG Donator
Donator
5 Years of Service
Threads: 241
Likes Given: 42
Discord: Nani#8321
OverwatchGamerTwitterPet LoverDiscord WarriorScout
Discord MasterEntertainerDiamondHalloween 2019InstagramGolden Guardian
BronyDrunkGatekeeperEntertainerFortniterDiamond
StreamerValorantValorant TournamentCrystal DonatorHand-held/Mobile GamerBoost Gang
Super ComputerThanks From Cloud

(26 May 2019, 12:59 PM)Rooma Wrote: Interesting. Well i use technology basically 24/7 even when i go outside with friends because cmon who doesn’t check social media every 5mins. Nowadays we are in a technology era and definitely kids are going to use technology all the time and its a daily thing for them. As you said, Nani yes kids throw a tantrum when they dont get to use technology.

And as technology is becoming more of our lifestyle it gives attention to the question how will the kids right now that are addicted to internet will be in 30 years from now when they have children? Are they gonna make their children play games? get addicted as they were once were?

That’s what im looking for in the future! The way parents are gonna teach their children and how are they gonna adapt to it ;)
You gonna let your child play games?
[Image: signature2.gif]
26 May 2019, 01:04 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG YogiSLU

9 Years of Service
Threads: 74
Likes Given: 1
Discord: TRP69#9994
Thanks From CloudCrystal DonatorBronze MedalLegendaryBoost GangDiscord Warrior
TwitterInstagramFortniterBug Hunter

its this thread about Technology well in my opinion i think technology came here to save us
                                     [Image: wApuyQ.gif]

Create Your Own Sunshine :D
26 May 2019, 01:34 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG KangarWu

SmG Member
6 Years of Service

(26 May 2019, 12:16 PM)Nanii Wrote: I had to babysit a little girl once. I prepared games and fun stuff we could do together but guess what. The only thing she wanted to do was play Minecraft on her tablet. And when I tried to go play outside with her she started crying and said she gonna tell her mom. So we actually stayed inside. 

It’s kinda sad watching those kids using technology that much. They get all those phones and tablets so easily. 
But of course you can’t expect kids to not to use the technology if their parents use it 24/7. 
Some of them who’s parents can’t afford a tablet or an iPhone even get bullied because of that. Seriously? Because of a damn phone? 

Technology makes our life’s so much easier but also so much harder at the same time. Like it’s easy to search something on the internet or to chat with someone instead of meeting in real life.  People use social media’s and think they have friends. But by staying home and chatting with someone, people don’t get enough of the real social contact. And they get lonely.
You can’t even imagine how many people have this problem because of technology. 

I use my phone 24/7, I spend a lot of time in discord but when I have to chose between going outside with friends or stay home I will always chose the first one. 

P. S. - Naniboi makes such good treads. Thanks!

Thank you Nanigill, we shall revive good actually conversational threads again.

And yeahh technology is great, but overuse it and you legit fry your brain out

(26 May 2019, 12:59 PM)Rooma Wrote: Interesting. Well i use technology basically 24/7 even when i go outside with friends because cmon who doesn’t check social media every 5mins. Nowadays we are in a technology era and definitely kids are going to use technology all the time and its a daily thing for them. As you said, Nani yes kids throw a tantrum when they dont get to use technology.

Yes, teaching children with disciplinary action. I will not let my child use a tablet or use my phone like how some of these parents allow their children to. I shouldn't really care for them but like, I dont want others influencing my kid when he/she hasn't clearly been disciplined enough to know that being physically attached to the screen of their devices won't solve the issue at hand.

TBH, i dont even care if anyone +18 (considered "adult" in America) because at that point, you've been told "its time to grow up" from someone or somewhere.

Technology is meant to assist, not consume the consumer.
(This post was last modified: 26 May 2019, 02:20 PM by KangarWu.)
26 May 2019, 01:54 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Patriciocia

4 Years of Service
Threads: 23
Discord: Patriciocia#5552
Halloween 2019

I am on my laptop all the time, the only breaks being when i'm getting food. The reason for this is because i have so much homework that is needed to get done. I think this is also part of the reason for a lot of kids being on technology as they're forced to use it for schooling purposes. In this circumstance i don't think it would be the child's fault as they have to use the technology or their education goes down the drain. Children who are 5 and younger would also see their parents on technology all the time and would think that it was ok.

Yeah idk.
[Image: Spongebob_and_Patrick_ghost.png]
26 May 2019, 04:25 PM
Find Reply