Likes Given: 89
Discord: Kyle -#0199
Halloween 2019FortniterGamerTwitterInstagramDiscord Warrior
ScoutOverwatchDiscord MasterEntertainerValorantValorant Tournament
Crystal DonatorHand-held/Mobile GamerPet LoverBoost GangGold MedalGuardian
Diamond
RE: Staff Reputation Lock

(12 Mar 2020, 09:34 PM)PKCell Wrote:
(12 Mar 2020, 09:30 PM)Tea n crumpets Wrote: I feel like a potentially better option could be to make it so staff are able to receive positive rep like usual which will appear instantly on their page BUT if a negative  or neutral rep is given, it will not appear instantly and will instead be forwarded to @«SmG» Cloud Himself for further review. If the rep is valid it will then be added to that staff members profile.
(sorry for suggesting a lil more work for you Lul )

This way you're not removing a positive thing from the forums & you're also making issues known to the man himself, not just masking a potential problem.

Not sure how easy this would be to put into place but it'd be a way to keep positivity and also keep heat off of staff members who are purely just making decisions that are necessary.

Everyone loves to see/give positive rep where it's due.
Now this sounds even better but I don't know if that's possible lol
Dont doubt the coders PK! they got big brains i'm sure they'd be able to find a way, either way just a suggestion ;)
12 Mar 2020, 09:38 PM
Find Reply
Offline «SmG» Cells

That/Millionaire
Administrators
4 Years of Service
Threads: 171
Likes Given: 42
Discord: PKCell#5348
TwitterInstagramHand-held/Mobile GamerDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterA Knight of The Round Table
ScoutBoost GangAlienThanks From CloudGatekeeperSapphire Donator
The Bomb

I'm sorta mixed on this cause I feel neutral.

Because yes I like the idea but at the same time I mean what if it's really just a criticism instead of bashing but too be fair tho you do got a point of people getting bashed for just doing their job. I don't know you'll(or someone else for that matter) will make a comeback to this.

Then again Imo I don't really look at the rep really as all that but maybe I'm just looking at it in a different POV then most here in SmG. I'm really just looking at this from a critique perspective and I know there is other ways to let someone know that one of the staff is not being fair or anything or wanting to get better but I don't know I will try to think more about this and let you guys in if I got an idea that pops up that can sincerely help but for now this decision is kinda 50/50.

(12 Mar 2020, 09:38 PM)Tea n crumpets Wrote:
(12 Mar 2020, 09:34 PM)PKCell Wrote:
(12 Mar 2020, 09:30 PM)Tea n crumpets Wrote: I feel like a potentially better option could be to make it so staff are able to receive positive rep like usual which will appear instantly on their page BUT if a negative  or neutral rep is given, it will not appear instantly and will instead be forwarded to @«SmG» Cloud Himself for further review. If the rep is valid it will then be added to that staff members profile.
(sorry for suggesting a lil more work for you Lul )

This way you're not removing a positive thing from the forums & you're also making issues known to the man himself, not just masking a potential problem.

Not sure how easy this would be to put into place but it'd be a way to keep positivity and also keep heat off of staff members who are purely just making decisions that are necessary.

Everyone loves to see/give positive rep where it's due.
Now this sounds even better but I don't know if that's possible lol
Dont doubt the coders PK! they got big brains i'm sure they'd be able to find a way, either way just a suggestion ;)
Of course, of course!  PepeOk and delaaaaaah
[Image: Cellsig2d.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12 Mar 2020, 09:52 PM by Cells.)
12 Mar 2020, 09:49 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Nukem

Former Admin.
13 Years of Service
Threads: 1,078
Likes Given: 16
Discord: trinityshock
Speaker of the House5KGuardianEmerald DonatorLegendaryThe Bomb
DiamondDiscord WarriorChristmas 2018Gavel of TrinityGold MedalHalloween 2019
GamerThanks From CloudBug HunterTwitterInstagramDiscord Master

Previously all neg reps (for everyone) were reviewed by staff and removed if deemed an attack or unwarranted. I see no need to change that.

The other option to make things fair is to make the rep lock option available to everyone that way those that don't care about such things can opt out.
Don't piss off old people.
The older we get the less "life in prison" is a deterrent.
[Image: KKzbhsN.png]
I love how the Earth rotates, it really makes my day
(This post was last modified: 12 Mar 2020, 11:09 PM by Nukem.)
12 Mar 2020, 11:07 PM
Find Reply
Away SmG Altair

The Ravenclaw
Captains
6 Years of Service
Threads: 362
Likes Given: 325
Discord: altx1r
ScoutDiscord WarriorFortniterTwitterInstagramCrystal Donator
SmoothHand-held/Mobile GamerDiscord MasterArchitectGeniusGraphics Master
WriterThanks From CloudA Knight of The Round TableBoost Gang

(12 Mar 2020, 08:15 PM)Nukem Wrote: If I want to neg rep a staff member because they did something dumb or pos rep them because they did something good then I should be able to, otherwise there is no point to having the rep system at all for anyone.

Locking rep for some members of SmG is not the way to go, it should be all or none.

PS I don't care what other sites do, we are SmG we do things our way.
Nukems got a point. What's the whole point about the reputation system if we can't rep everyone, be it staff or an average member.
[Image: GIF-210116_204443.gif?ex=661400e4&is=660...3ab3377fb&]
Socials: Discord
13 Mar 2020, 02:23 AM
Find Reply
Offline «SmG» Wires

Protector of secrets.
Administrators
6 Years of Service
Threads: 174
Likes Given: 10
Discord: Wires #2306
CoolBronze MedalProgrammerSupporterCrystal DonatorGhost
Gavel of TrinityBronyThe BombGolden GuardianDiscord WarriorEntertainer
Halloween 2019InstagramDiamondBoost Gang

This feature won’t be handed down to normal members at this point in time unfortunately, and as you can see, most staff have actually enabled their reputation.

Negative reputations also won’t be “sent for review” either. If they break the rules, they’ll be removed and warned for it, and that is the same process for other members.

My first instinct is to protect Staff members (and make their jobs as easy and smooth as possible) whilst they’re doing their job. If you think a staff member isn’t carrying out their job properly, then you’re meant to DM an admin to make a complaint.

Edit: This is a feature we are going to try out. Staff are now aware of the risks of opening up their reputation system. I will also be changing this system in future and anyone abusing the reputation system will get their reputation locked in a different way.
[Image: wiressignaturefinal.gif]
(This post was last modified: 13 Mar 2020, 03:44 AM by Wires.)
13 Mar 2020, 03:24 AM
Find Reply
Offline Rundas

The Juggling Act Of 1812
Scout
6 Years of Service
Threads: 99
Discord: Rundas#0001
Emerald DonatorJokerScoutDrunkSilver MedalThe Bomb

(13 Mar 2020, 03:24 AM)Wires Wrote: My first instinct is to protect Staff members (and make their jobs as easy and smooth as possible) whilst they’re doing their job. If you think a staff member isn’t carrying out their job properly, then you’re meant to DM an admin to make a complaint.

You say this, but every time I've ever complained to an admin about staff not doing their job, not even that I'm not happy with how they're doing it, just that they straight up aren't doing their job, I get met with "That's none of your business, don't worry about that, that's staff's job to worry about that." What's the point in telling us to go through these steps if you're just going to deflect and shut us down when we do go through them?

edit: less aggressive wording
[Image: RundasDonePnG.png]
(This post was last modified: 14 Mar 2020, 03:20 AM by Rundas.)
13 Mar 2020, 06:52 PM
Find Reply
Offline «SmG» Wires

Protector of secrets.
Administrators
6 Years of Service
Threads: 174
Discord: Wires #2306
CoolBronze MedalProgrammerSupporterCrystal DonatorGhost
Gavel of TrinityBronyThe BombGolden GuardianDiscord WarriorEntertainer
Halloween 2019InstagramDiamondBoost Gang

(13 Mar 2020, 06:52 PM)Rundas Wrote:
(13 Mar 2020, 03:24 AM)Wires Wrote: My first instinct is to protect Staff members (and make their jobs as easy and smooth as possible) whilst they’re doing their job. If you think a staff member isn’t carrying out their job properly, then you’re meant to DM an admin to make a complaint.

You say this, but every time I've ever complained to an admin about staff not doing their job, not even that I'm not happy with how they're doing it, just that they straight up aren't doing their job, I get met with "That's none of your business, don't worry about that, that's staff's job to worry about that." What's the point in telling us to go through these steps if you're just going to deflect and shut us down when we do go through them?

edit: less aggressive wording

I have no idea who you’re reporting it to and getting that response from, but report it to ME. I haven’t received a single complaint from you yet.
[Image: wiressignaturefinal.gif]
14 Mar 2020, 05:09 AM
Find Reply
Offline «SmG» Cloud

The King
Administrators
13 Years of Service
Threads: 2,104
Likes Given: 107
Discord: Cloud#2911
Speaker of the HouseDrunkFortniterDrunkDiscord Warrior5K
A Knight of The Round TableGamerTwitterHalloweenPet LoverChristmas 2018
Valentines Day RubyGolden GuardianBoost GangHalloween 2019ScoutBug Hunter

(12 Mar 2020, 11:07 PM)Nukem Wrote: Previously all neg reps (for everyone) were reviewed by staff and removed if deemed an attack or unwarranted. I see no need to change that.

The other option to make things fair is to make the rep lock option available to everyone that way those that don't care about such things can opt out.
So the issue was that moderators got the power to delete reputations again due to an update. When I removed that permission from them long ago. Basically admins should only have that power which Wires and I have since fixed. We may remove this reputation lock since the main issue has been resolved. But for now this will stick around.
[Image: b4eQPAf.gif]
18 Mar 2020, 02:05 AM
Website Find Reply