Likes Given: 326
Discord: altx1r
ScoutDiscord WarriorFortniterTwitterInstagramCrystal Donator
SmoothHand-held/Mobile GamerDiscord MasterArchitectGeniusGraphics Master
WriterThanks From CloudA Knight of The Round TableBoost GangLegendaryGuardian
Entertainer
Question  I NEED HELP

I NEED HELP

OK so i have to go back to the end of junior high to get started. After junior high, I was supposed to choose between either biology or computer stream for my higher studies. This was a huge dilemma for me. Because I wanted to be a doctor or a vet during almost all of my childhood. More preferably a vet. But I also wanted my career to be such where I get to code and work with computers. But I didn't know wack about coding and programming(still don't). Because of my inexperience in the field of programming, I decided to go for biology. After two years of high school, I joined an institute that preps you for a nation wide exam called neet (This is a gateway to both MBBS/MD and BVSc/vet). I didn't pass through the first year. So, I decided to drop again(that was last year). So this is basically my fourth year of studying the same content(yes neet has the entire high school syllabus as it syllabus). 15 million students take this exam every year and only 10k gets selected. So it's a really competitive exam. I was so bored and tired with revising the same content over and over again. My exams were supposed to be over by may. Thanks to the fucking pandemic, it was postponed to September 13. But I couldn't take it anymore. I was so fed up with this. So, I decided to learn python and other languages for a change. But one day, out of nowhere we were asked to leave the campus within 3 hrs because of the nation wide lockdown. So, after I came home I decided to just take a snoop at careers in programming and coding instead of actually learning them and I came across data science. I was so attracted by it, I wanted to pursue that instead of vet.
And now I am still at that state. My exams may be postponed again. Remember that I haven't enrolled in any college after high school. Basically Im a high school graduate rn. Im totally confused on whether I should continue going down this path or if I should pursue data science.

Now there are many stuff i need to over look before i make a choice. 

1)I spent like 2000 USD over the past two years to prepare for neet. So dropping now would be similar to burning that 2000 USD and two years of my life.

2)An IIT (equivalent to MIT of US) is offering an online degree in Data Science and Programming, I could easily get enrolled in this. Im supposed to do it parallel and along with any other BSc/BA course.

3) It's impossible to pursue vet and this course from IIT at the same time because of how hard vet curriculum is. Although I can complete this online course anytime between 3-6 years. So it's not impossible, but i would mostly end up losing more years. On top of that vet college hostels dont allow laptops in their premises, so i can't take my online classes if im staying in a hostel. There are only two vet colleges in my state, both of them are far away from my home. So, I cant stay at my home either.

4) I really wanna pursue data science but I would have wasted 2000 USD and two years of my life. On top of that there are people waiting to see me fail. By fail, I mean not getting enrolled to a vet college.

idk what im supposed to do. Just wanted to get this off my heart. I would really appreciate if anyone of you could help me reach a decision.
[Image: GIF-210116_204443.gif?ex=661400e4&is=660...3ab3377fb&]
Socials: Discord
15 Aug 2020, 12:46 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Sir Duck

Captain
Captains
10 Years of Service
Threads: 162
Likes Given: 24
Discord: Sir Duck#8774
Christmas 2018LegendaryDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterA Knight of The Round TableSupporter
GatekeeperEntertainerHalloween 2019DrunkProgrammerTwitter
InstagramBoost GangThanks From CloudBronze MedalGold MedalBug Hunter
Crystal DonatorThe BombLegendary
RE: I NEED HELP

I think you must go for NEET first and later you can get back to Data Science. Trust me getting into MBBS and Vet is way better than this . There also you can further use coding (data science ) . Prepare for NEET give your best and don't get distracted . Focus on one single goal .

Best Of Luck For NEET !!
15 Aug 2020, 01:06 PM
Find Reply
Offline «SmG» Pandora

SmG's Wandering Lurker
Administrators
6 Years of Service
Threads: 287
Likes Given: 25
Discord: Pan#7318
Emerald DonatorScoutDiscord WarriorLeague of LegendsGamerDiscord Master
TwitterHalloween 2019A Knight of The Round TableThanks From CloudLegendary

Complete your NEET first. Go for Data Science after.
[Image: CSjPem7.gif]
15 Aug 2020, 01:21 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG EternalGamesYT

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 1
Likes Given: 0
Discord: EternalGamesYT

Look thongs up on yt or look for help on discord
15 Aug 2020, 08:50 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Altair

The Ravenclaw
Captains
6 Years of Service
Threads: 362
Likes Given: 326
Discord: altx1r
ScoutDiscord WarriorFortniterTwitterInstagramCrystal Donator
SmoothHand-held/Mobile GamerDiscord MasterArchitectGeniusGraphics Master
WriterThanks From CloudA Knight of The Round TableBoost GangLegendaryGuardian
Entertainer

(15 Aug 2020, 01:06 PM)Sir Duck Wrote: I think you must go for NEET first and later you can get back to Data Science. Trust me getting into MBBS and Vet is way better than this . There also you can further use coding (data science ) . Prepare for NEET give your best and don't get distracted . Focus on one single goal .

Best Of Luck For NEET !!

(15 Aug 2020, 01:21 PM)Pandora Wrote: Complete your NEET first. Go for Data Science after.

Yeah, I've made up my mind. I'll get into vet first. Pursue data science along with vet. And finally enter medical statistics. Thanks!  SmGLove
[Image: GIF-210116_204443.gif?ex=661400e4&is=660...3ab3377fb&]
Socials: Discord
16 Aug 2020, 03:03 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Sir Duck

Captain
Captains
10 Years of Service
Threads: 162
Likes Given: 24
Discord: Sir Duck#8774
Christmas 2018LegendaryDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterA Knight of The Round TableSupporter
GatekeeperEntertainerHalloween 2019DrunkProgrammerTwitter
InstagramBoost GangThanks From CloudBronze MedalGold MedalBug Hunter
Crystal DonatorThe BombLegendary

(16 Aug 2020, 03:03 AM)Altair Wrote:
(15 Aug 2020, 01:06 PM)Sir Duck Wrote: I think you must go for NEET first and later you can get back to Data Science. Trust me getting into MBBS and Vet is way better than this . There also you can further use coding (data science ) . Prepare for NEET give your best and don't get distracted . Focus on one single goal .

Best Of Luck For NEET !!

(15 Aug 2020, 01:21 PM)Pandora Wrote: Complete your NEET first. Go for Data Science after.

Yeah, I've made up my mind. I'll get into vet first. Pursue data science along with vet. And finally enter medical statistics. Thanks!  SmGLove

ayy! that's nice . Best Of Luck!!
16 Aug 2020, 06:19 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG TrueGrimSkull

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 10
Likes Given: 6
Discord: GrimSkull#0910
WarriorHand-held/Mobile GamerFortniterGamerTwitterPet Lover
Instagram

Goodluck Altair! :D
MonkaThink
16 Aug 2020, 07:55 AM
Find Reply
Offline AnaRCHy

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 159
Likes Given: 11
Discord: AnaRCHy#0001
Thanks From CloudLegendarySapphire DonatorThe BombGavel of TrinityScout
ProgrammerGamerPet LoverGraphics MasterSupporterDiscord Warrior
Discord MasterHalo GodEntertainerEntertainer

Goodluck Altair! :D

neet means something wildly different to me
(This post was last modified: 16 Aug 2020, 09:02 AM by AnaRCHy.)
16 Aug 2020, 09:02 AM
Find Reply