Discord: thyalphii
Graphics MasterStreamerInstagramPet LoverWriterHand-held/Mobile Gamer
Discord WarriorScoutBronze MedalGamerHalo GodSmG YouTuber
FortniterTwitterGeniusDiscord MasterThanks From CloudWarrior
OverwatchBronyArchitectSuper ComputerBug HunterCrystal Donator
LegendaryThe BombA Knight of The Round TableSupporterBug Hunter
Time to blow your minds part 1

*just imagine MattPat's voice the entire time*
Tokyo Ghoul. You've read/watched/heard of the series, you know of the lore behind it, you know of the One Eyed King. You know that the one eyed king was or is one of these three. 

But what if i were to tell you, your thinking is wrong. That the one eye ghoul is actually....

*intro cue*

Hello SmG welcome to SmGTheory, where i'm here to blow your minds. In today's episode, we are talking about Uta being the true one eyed king of the Tokyo Ghoul series. When talking about this, i'm going to break it into two major parts: symbolism and context clues from the book. I'm only going to be going over part 1 today. Now i've done a lot and i mean A LOT of work into this, so bare with me as we go through the reasoning of Uta being the OEK

Part 1: Symbolism 

Uta is a very strange character to start off with in tokyo ghoul. He in himself is a weird person but that not the mystery we have at hand. If you notice in the first photo photo i used when Haise talks to Uta about his eyes you notice he says something a little odd

"This is a tattoo." Now this isn't that crazy that he referencing his left eye and the one eyed ghoul doesnt have a right eye Illuminati confirmed. It's what he says: "This", not "my" in reference to both of his eyes, or "these are tattoos" still talking about both his eyes but only this. I found it quite strange when Uta is being shown in a side view, most the time he is shown to be talking on the left side of his body and in many cases seems to favor the left side in combat. However this is a major superstition on the combat and talking part but the tatoo part seemed kinda strange. 

The next thing i want to look at is Uta's card and the symbolism with the number eight. Uta in the series has been confirmed to be associated with the number 19, also known as the Sun in tarot cards. And in this deck, he is shown to be 8, which is strength in the tarot cards. But what i find interesting isn't that the tarot cards and their meanings, but the Chinese hexagrams. Eight means Holding Together and Nineteen means Approach(A interesting side note that i found is that Arima's number 13 actually means union of forces.. like bringing humans and ghouls together...). But when you look more into Uta's "main number" being 19 and you look at the judgement, you find something quite interesting

Approach means successful progress through firm correctness. In the eighth month there will be evil,  Approach has supreme success. Perseverance furthers. When the eighth month comes, there will be misfortune, there is obviously foreshadow of the number eight here, but here is the one thats most interesting: Righteous persistence brings reward. However, when the eighth month is reached, misfortune will befall. [The eighth moon of the lunar calendar corresponds approximately to September.]. Now your probably thinking Alphii, what happened in September that was so crazy to the tokyo ghoul franchise? 8/19 on the Tokyo Ghoul calendar is an important day: Respect for the Aged. And i cannot see why when talking about the original one eyed king, the one who wanted bring equality to ghouls would face such a fate. 

And finally, the most major part of this: Uta's tattoos. What's Uta without his tattoos? Exactly. Now it was very, very, very, hard to find all of his tattoos and what some of their meanings were but props to this tumbler post i found with details of all his tattoos: 
https://viper1123581321.tumblr.com/post/...os-the-sun
https://viper1123581321.tumblr.com/post/...eiving-fox
https://viper1123581321.tumblr.com/post/...ted_post=1
https://viper1123581321.tumblr.com/post/...ire-flower

Now here's what's most interesting about those four major tattoos: they all represent our, as in the readers, perspective of who we think the one eyed king could be. The Jester is supposed to trick us in our knowledge of the OEK (Originally, many people in the series thought Eto was the OEK and we are supposed to believe that Arima was the true king), The Sun represents false appearance(Again, the appearance of Arima was supposedly the true king), once we get those two out of our minds of our knowledge we see the Deceiving fox, which is two snakes(The Fox is supposed to transform our thinking of whom the king could really be as we think to be deceived), and finally the fire and flower(the fire represents our creativity into looking into new theories, and the "eye" of the flower represents us using the knowledge, intuition, and observations we already know)

But hey... that's just a theory... an Alphii theory! Part 2 will be out later
[Image: image.png?ex=65f16158&is=65deec58&hm=82e...641cedddb&]
12 Sep 2020, 09:39 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline LukaHann

Registered
3 Years of Service
Threads: 3
Likes Given: 1
Discord: Amber Hann
RE: Time to blow your minds part 1

ok but I'm so glad I'm not the only one who looks this far into things!
12 Sep 2020, 10:02 PM
Find Reply