Current time: 03 May 2024, 03:52 PM

Network problems
Offline Excidium

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 11
Likes Given: 0
Network problems

okie running windows 7 (herpderpOS) i have a lan going between 2 pc's through a modem and 2 network cables yesh
in most games they will find each other but for some reason we can't do file sharing the pc's don't pick each other up in the network
like how you go int my computer and down the left side it has network it will only have my pc in there
it would be useful to get it to work so we can do file sharing instead of transferring everything on a external
oh and one game we couldn't play on the same server don't know if that had anything to do with it

i am just about ready to gutter stomp my modem
I am Yesterday,Today, and Tomorrow, and I have the power to be born a second time. I am the divine hidden soul who created the gods and gives sepulchral meals to the denizens of the deep, the place of the dead, and heaven...Hail, lord of the shrine that stands in the center of the earth. He is I, and I am he!
17 Nov 2011, 12:18 AM
Find Reply
Offline PirateEggs

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 168
Re: Network problems

You need to share the folders on the PC's.
Go to the Properties of the folder, click the Sharing tab, click the Share button, then give 'Everyone', read rights.
[Image: 27269.png]
17 Nov 2011, 12:21 AM
Website Find Reply
Offline Excidium

Registered
13 Years of Service

hmm that seems to work
but it still doesn't recognize the other pc even though you can play game with it
I am Yesterday,Today, and Tomorrow, and I have the power to be born a second time. I am the divine hidden soul who created the gods and gives sepulchral meals to the denizens of the deep, the place of the dead, and heaven...Hail, lord of the shrine that stands in the center of the earth. He is I, and I am he!
17 Nov 2011, 12:30 AM
Find Reply
Offline Excidium

Registered
13 Years of Service

are you on? i still owe you a 1v1
17 Nov 2011, 12:31 AM
Find Reply
Offline PirateEggs

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 168

You need to turn network discovery on for all PC's, go to 'Network and Sharing Center' then 'Change advanced sharing settings',
[Image: 27269.png]
17 Nov 2011, 12:42 AM
Website Find Reply
Offline Excidium

Registered
13 Years of Service

yeah its on but it still doesn't work its dodgy as
17 Nov 2011, 12:49 AM
Find Reply
Offline Hiralis

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 133

If it is connected via a lan cable, open up explorer.exe, in the left hand column, click on "Network" beneath "Computer", then it should show up. Then, just copy the files over.
Something I have always been told
Respect everyone you meet, even if you hate them, have respect for them. Help someone out if they need it, it'll help the world go around.
17 Nov 2011, 02:02 AM
Find Reply
Offline Excidium

Registered
13 Years of Service

thats where the other pc doesn't show up oh well. i cbf screwing with it
got parties to go to
17 Nov 2011, 06:28 AM
Find Reply