Discord: thyalphii
Graphics MasterStreamerInstagramPet LoverWriterHand-held/Mobile Gamer
Discord WarriorScoutBronze MedalGamerHalo GodSmG YouTuber
FortniterTwitterGeniusDiscord MasterThanks From CloudWarrior
OverwatchBronyArchitectSuper ComputerBug HunterCrystal Donator
LegendaryThe BombA Knight of The Round TableSupporterBug HunterCool
DrunkEntertainer
Ode to the Hack and Slash[Alphii Review]

I can personally say that these games are two criminally underrated game series: Devil May Cry and Bayonetta and today im going to talk about my love for them. My name is Alphii, Welcome to my review.

[Next review we're going to have in intro dont worry]

Part 1: The intro 
The way i got into DmC and Bayonetta wasn't they were recommended to me or anything like that but something else i enjoyed to play: fighting games. One of the first fighting games i was(and still am) very tryhard in was Smash Bros. I grew up on Brawl, transferred over to SM4SH, then played Melee, and finally playing Ultimate. The other fighting game i played a ton of was Street Fighter which got me playing Marvel vs Capcom 2 and finally MvC3 and UMvC3. While playing both games, i would struggle against one character the most in SM4SH: Bayonetta, and in UMvC3: Dante players. After a while i adapted to them(as in Bayonetta got a huge patch) and started to use them myself. For UMvC3 i learned that Dante came from another game called Devil May Cry and had two other DmC characters with him in MvC: Vergil and Trish. With Bayonetta i began to read up more of her lore for smash bros and figured out she has her own game too called Bayonetta for the xbox and wii u. Now me, Alphii the biggest brain alive, decided to sit down and play all the DmC games and both Bayonetta games to decide, "Hey, they're made by the same guy but the fans hate each other. How good is this game?"

Part 2: DmC(specifically 1 and 5)
(spoilers)
Because i'm a cheep bastard and DmC 5 was free, i played that first and holy shit, that game is fun. If you've ever played DmC you know that the point of the game is to kill the enemies and look good doing it. DmC 5 is not a hard game what so ever for the first i'd say like 90% of the game(The Malphas boss however was probably the most difficulty spiked boss i've ever seen). The last 10% of the game however, woooooo boy if your not ready for it, it fucks you over. Vergil hands down steals the show in the end when he shows up and does his shit. All the voice acting in the game is great, Dante, Nero, Trish, V, even fucking Nico, but Vergil god damn he's a fucking beast. Also Heaven or Hell mode was the reason i deleted the game off my Xbox. 

DmC 1 is one of the best hack and slash games, and hands down one of the best all time. See, DmC1 was actually made to be RE4 but Capcom didn't feel like it fit the resident evil feel. DmC has been noted to be a pinnacle hallmark of hack and slash games in the future like God of War and other games. The story is great, the combat is good, and basically its a pretty good game.

Part 3: Bayonetta 
I played Bayonetta after i played DmC and i was left with a good feeling: this game is legit. It's like DmC but less swords and more guns, and hair, and women. Bayonetta feels a lot like a true hack and slash game and an ode to DmC while still feeling like its own game. Bayonetta the character however feels like a more mature Morrgain from Darkstalkers, which is good and bad. 

In conclusion, plays these games cause they're fun, hard and one hell of a time. I've been Alphii and until next time, i'll see you probably on discord.
[Image: image.png?ex=65f16158&is=65deec58&hm=82e...641cedddb&]
24 Sep 2020, 03:10 PM
Website Find Reply