video games make violence?
Offline «SmG» Cells

That/Millionaire
Administrators
4 Years of Service
Threads: 171
Likes Given: 42
Discord: PKCell#5348
TwitterInstagramHand-held/Mobile GamerDiscord WarriorDiscord MasterA Knight of The Round Table
ScoutBoost GangAlienThanks From CloudGatekeeperSapphire Donator
The Bomb
RE: video games make violence?

(24 Oct 2020, 01:47 AM)Battlefire Wrote: Remember when they blamed death metal for causing violence? Or when they said violence movies cause violence? Video games is just the next contender for their bullshit because video games has gotten popular.

It is just another way to divert blame due to our lack of mental health clinics and policies.

You spitting rn
[Image: Cellsig2d.gif]
03 Nov 2020, 05:48 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Static

12 Years of Service
Threads: 31
Likes Given: 0

(24 Oct 2020, 01:38 AM)Nukem Wrote: Blaming violence on video games is a simple answer to a complex question. It is easier to blame violence on something you don't understand than it is to find a solution.
Generally speaking video games don't make people violent in fact in some cases they prevent people acting out violently.

Violent behaviour is not due to only one thing, it is due to a multitude of possible reasons.

Everything about this I agree with. I think, if anything, many who may be pushed to act violently in real life use video games as a coping mechanism to let out some of said aggression.

There simply isn't any evidence to point towards video games causing violent behavior, as basically no one who plays GTA games or other violent games goes out and emulates that experience in real life.

(03 Nov 2020, 01:14 PM)slur Wrote: U can't do anything excessively. A lot of anything is harmful
I'd say this is true for almost all situations, however, I wouldn't go as far to say excessive video games can result in violent behavior. While there are tons and tons of reasons why video game addiction can actually severely impact one's life, I think violence is probably the least likely outcome of said situation. Mental State is really the biggest thing at play here.
 [Image: 1721-nobody-gif] 
03 Nov 2020, 06:53 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Luminous

3 Years of Service
Threads: 43
Likes Given: 55
Discord: showmyr1ce
TwitterInstagramBoost GangFortniterHand-held/Mobile GamerDiscord Master
Discord WarriorPet LoverScout

Back when Flappy Bird was famous me and my father had a challenged for the highest score. He was about to lose and decided to throw a pillow at my face,
I threw the phone into his face. So yeah some games do cause violence but the main cause of violence is the person's mindset and behavior. If you're a violent person and you play games it's expected that you would rage or shout when you lose.
If you spend your time chasing butterflies, they'll fly away. If you spend your time making a beautiful garden, the butterflies will come to you.
And if they don't, you still have your beautiful garden Sleepy
04 Nov 2020, 03:26 AM
Website Find Reply
Offline SmG Altair

The Ravenclaw
Captains
6 Years of Service
Threads: 362
Likes Given: 325
Discord: altx1r
ScoutDiscord WarriorFortniterTwitterInstagramCrystal Donator
SmoothHand-held/Mobile GamerDiscord MasterArchitectGeniusGraphics Master
WriterThanks From CloudA Knight of The Round TableBoost GangLegendaryGuardian
Entertainer

(04 Nov 2020, 03:26 AM)Luminous Wrote: Back when Flappy Bird was famous me and my father had a challenged for the highest score. He was about to lose and decided to throw a pillow at my face,
I threw the phone into his face. So yeah some games do cause violence but the main cause of violence is the person's mindset and behavior. If you're a violent person and you play games it's expected that you would rage or shout when you lose.

I mean everyone rages now and then. But we don't necessarily become a frickin serial killer. I see your point tho.
[Image: GIF-210116_204443.gif?ex=661400e4&is=660...3ab3377fb&]
Socials: Discord
04 Nov 2020, 01:32 PM
Find Reply