Discord: ben dover
RE: Military

(23 Dec 2020, 12:37 PM)Flude2007 Wrote:
(21 Dec 2020, 09:20 PM)Sgt.Ghost Wrote:
(21 Dec 2020, 09:11 PM)Rundas Wrote:
(21 Dec 2020, 09:07 PM)Sgt.Ghost Wrote:
(21 Dec 2020, 06:24 PM)Rundas Wrote:
(21 Dec 2020, 06:10 PM)Venus Wrote:
(21 Dec 2020, 02:49 PM)Rundas Wrote: Not only was my stepdad on Bill Clinton's security detail, he was on of the first guys over to iraqistan doing EOD after the towers fell back in 2001. I think the military is pretty cool and I respect them for what they're doing to keep the country safe, but I'm not really a fan of war. kinda sucks big time.

Ya My grandpa got drafted for Vietnam and it wasn't epic but I think that soilders should never get bags of piss thrown at them.

yeah that's kinda fucked up. War is too, just in general. people dying, the money we're wasting, the list goes on. Imagine where society would be if we weren't having to waste money on fighting wars. We'd have been on mars decades ago.

The money isn't being wasted, though. During and after WW II, the US economy grew ten fold. Lots of jobs where created and production/manufacturing was at an all-time peak. Even if the money isn't going directly into the economy, it's lining someone else's pockets. War is not without cost or profit.

While that is true, I don't think we should be profiting off of death. I see where you're going with this though as we didn't really have a choice with WWII since we were kind of attacked while not directly being a part of it.

In a fair and perfect world, we wouldn't need to profit off of death. But this world is far from grace, and morality is exchanged for power and money. I understand your sediment, but we can't change the past, nor our leaders pushing us into the future. We can only hope and stand by our own principles.

wow, lots of people

Yes what a good one
(This post was last modified: 23 Dec 2020, 12:38 PM by ben dover.)
23 Dec 2020, 12:38 PM
Find Reply