SmG Changes
Offline SmG Xyna

Zaddy SmG
Moderators
3 Years of Service
Threads: 110
Likes Given: 263
Discord: Xyna#7175
Boost GangLeague of LegendsStreamerOverwatchFortniterGamerTwitterPet LoverInstagramDiscord WarriorThanks From CloudDiscord MasterSapphire DonatorSweetSuper ComputerScoutEntertainerA Knight of The Round TableThanks From CloudSilver MedalEntertainerThe BombAdvanced DonatorSupporterGraphics MasterCool
RE: SmG Changes

Alright here's my take
  1. The forums already has an entire page on navigation and FAQ that I think a majority of people just doesn't look at. It's extremely well made with videos and solid descriptionss
  2. no comment
  3. When it comes to the forums, there are many awards people can get and work towards
  4. There are SmG updates as things come out and change, there is no need to excessive spam. It should just be general knowledge that the staff team is always working on managing and improving SmG and constant updates telling the community this would be borderline spam
  5. ???
  6. no comment
  7. There is a suggestions thread in the forums for this reason. Cloud specifically has been running SmG for 10+ years now and knows what works and what doesn't. It's rare that new, unused, and good ideas are mentioned, but when they are they are almost always taken into consideration.
  1. SmG has a logo they are currently working with right now, there's no need to change it
  2. As long as I've been here, there were special decorations or activies for each major holiday so I'm not sure what you mean
  3. ??
  4. They just added like 4+ bots
  5. They actually condensed all the unused channels into #gaming recently. All of the channels are used to some extent and it seems fine right now from what I can tell
  6. SmG is advertised
  7. How?? There are info and rule pages already. The best way to find out is by experiencing it yourself
  8. As previously mentioned, Cloud & staff both know what works and what doesn't, but when there is something worth voting on or a community decision, they often reach out for our opinions
  9. if SmG were changing all the time it could become confusing or unstable. I think if the current state of SmG gets boring then you can find new ways to experience what is offered or take a break
  10. ??
  11. Events are difficult to manage and require the proper staffing which is difficult especially considering time zone differences. They also want to make sure that events are the best they can be which takes time, planning, and effort
  12. The server is active??
  13. Cloud very recently implimented more raid protection in Discord and it has been working out, there is only so much protection Discord offers, and SmG needs to find a sweet spot where raids are infrequent and new members aren't turned away with verification, and I think they are very close to, if not, at that sweet spot.
[Image: Xyna_sig.gif]
(This post was last modified: 27 Jan 2021, 02:12 PM by Xyna.)
27 Jan 2021, 02:11 PM
The following 4 users Like SmG Xyna's post:
  • SmG Alphii, SmG Altair, «SmG» Cloud, Jocelyn

Find

Messages In This Thread
SmG Changes - by ScrubMart - 27 Jan 2021, 12:58 PM
RE: SmG Changes - by Xyna - 27 Jan 2021, 02:11 PM
RE: SmG Changes - by ScrubMart - 27 Jan 2021, 02:30 PM
RE: SmG Changes - by Alphii - 27 Jan 2021, 02:37 PM
RE: SmG Changes - by Alphii - 27 Jan 2021, 02:19 PM
RE: SmG Changes - by ScrubMart - 27 Jan 2021, 02:38 PM
RE: SmG Changes - by Kalitz - 27 Jan 2021, 02:46 PM