Destiny 2, Season of the Lost
Offline SpaghetInDaHood

SmG Member
2 Years of Service
Threads: 12
Likes Given: 6
Discord: SpaghetInDaHood#0117
Destiny 2, Season of the Lost

Hey guys, it's ya boi back again with game recommendations. I've been playing Destiny 2 for quite a while now, must have some 500 hours on it according to timewastedondestiny (yes that's a real website, it's amazing), and honestly now is the time to get into it. We have 3 new dungeons confirmed by the end of 2022 and more content than ever before. If you don't know what I'm talking about, let me explain to you the wonders of Destiny 2, one of the best ever games for new players.

So Destiny 2, as some of you may know, is an FPS looter shooter summed up pretty well as 'space wizards halo'. One of its strongest points is its great feeling gunplay and diverse and unique loot pool, as well as an ever improving rpg system alongside it with the armor pieces. 

The main gameplay of Destiny 2 is split up into PVE (player vs environment) and PVP (player vs player). There is also PVEVP called gambit, but it's absolute garbage (seriously, the entire community hates it). These main two core activities (alongside gambit) are called Vanguard Strikes and The Crucible (PVE and PVP respectively). However, both PVE and PVP have their own mid to endgame activities, with PVE's midgame and endgame being a lot more fleshed out and rewarding than PVP's, but PVP's early game being the best in the game in my opinion. The midgame of PVE surrounds Nightfalls up to a certain level, while the endgame is amazingly rich with content. The first examples are dungeons, a cooperative activity not dissimilar to a strike, but characterised by unique but relatively simple mechanics. They usually only take slightly longer than strikes and offer exclusive weapons. Then there are raids, which are the longest and arguably best activity in the entire game, having mechanics which the entire activity revolves around. Raids are amazing because they go so much further beyond the general 'shooting things' destiny has to offer, requiring you to work as a team to defend confluxes or chain lazers and many more diverse challenges to progress through the encounters. Raids also feature their own armor, armor mods and exclusive weapons and weapon perks. In short, they're really worth doing. Then finally, we have Grandmaster nightfalls, the hardest content in the game (apart from master versions of raids, of which we only have one currently). Grandmaster nightfalls feature a much stricter punishment when you die, and more of the harder enemies known as champions. They are well worth it for the adept weapons they offer which are the only weapons to be able to use adept weapon mods.

Now onto PVP. The Crucible's main playlist consists of Control (controlling zones) and a couple other modes which are just the general pvp shooter kind of thing. Crucible's main playlist is much more fun than normal Vanguard strikes in my opinion, but does not offer many rewards in loot. The midgame is fairly small here, only including the Ranked elimination playlist where you must duel another fireteam of three until one team runs out of lives. The endgame in the Crucible has previously been extremely inaccessible and plagued by cheaters and tryhards, but all of this is about to change. Trials of Osiris, PVP's endgmae playlist has recently become worth playing for everyone, as well as much easier to get into. The changes made to it are some of the reasons I am recommending Destiny 2.

So yeah, that all might've seemed a little overwhelming, especially since I haven't even mentioned all of the seasonal content and the fact that we'll have something like 6 dungeons by next year and 4 raids. But trust me, working through the content is a delight and a great experience, one that I bet every FPS enjoyer, or even other players will not regret. Now is the time to join, eyes up guardians!
[Image: ETYO0S1UUAEyPFe.png]
25 Aug 2021, 07:05 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG st0rm

5 Years of Service
Threads: 71
Likes Given: 146
Discord: st0rm#6714
GeniusWriterSuper ComputerTwitterInstagramBrony
ScoutProgrammerDiscord WarriorFlamerCoolBronze Medal
Speaker of the HouseBoost GangThanks From Cloud
RE: Destiny 2, Season of the Lost

Ah so much to read! From where I can download it?
[Image: standard.gif?width=1440&height=83]
25 Aug 2021, 10:08 PM
Find Reply
Offline Coco

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 9
Likes Given: 16
Discord: ~♡~#2744
Boost GangKingpin

Sounds interesting ig, 100% read it all   PikaLol
25 Aug 2021, 11:59 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG st0rm

5 Years of Service

(25 Aug 2021, 11:59 PM)Coco Wrote: Sounds interesting ig, 100% read it all   PikaLol

wow, you've read!
25 Aug 2021, 11:59 PM
Find Reply
Offline SpaghetInDaHood

SmG Member
2 Years of Service
Threads: 12
Likes Given: 6
Discord: SpaghetInDaHood#0117

(25 Aug 2021, 10:08 PM)st0rm Wrote: Ah so much to read! From where I can download it?

You can download it from steam for pc, just general xbox store and same generic store for other consoles. Also I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but Destiny 2 is free. However, there are DLCs and a season pass. Most of which are very much worth it if you're into it.
[Image: ETYO0S1UUAEyPFe.png]
26 Aug 2021, 06:26 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG st0rm

5 Years of Service

(26 Aug 2021, 06:26 PM)SpaghetInDaHood Wrote:
(25 Aug 2021, 10:08 PM)st0rm Wrote: Ah so much to read! From where I can download it?

You can download it from steam for pc, just general xbox store and same generic store for other consoles. Also I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but Destiny 2 is free. However, there are DLCs and a season pass. Most of which are very much worth it if you're into it.

Thank you so much!
26 Aug 2021, 07:23 PM
Find Reply