Offline axtmic

SmG Booster
Booster
3 Years of Service
Threads: 17
Likes Given: 8
Discord: xhs#0001
Forums

quick question, im actually curious to hear the responses too. why are the forums dead recently? 

#RIPforums #bringbackforums Charmander
axtmic  Charmander
29 Jun 2022, 12:21 AM
The following 1 user Likes axtmic's post:
  • SmG st0rm

Find Reply
Offline SmG st0rm

5 Years of Service
Threads: 71
Likes Given: 146
Discord: st0rm#6714
GeniusWriterSuper ComputerTwitterInstagramBrony
ScoutProgrammerDiscord WarriorFlamerCoolBronze Medal
Speaker of the HouseBoost GangThanks From Cloud
RE: Forums

(29 Jun 2022, 12:21 AM)axtmic Wrote: quick question, im actually curious to hear the responses too. why are the forums dead recently? 

#RIPforums #bringbackforums Charmander

Quick and Honest Response: 
Cloud and his respective staff
[Image: standard.gif?width=1440&height=83]
29 Jun 2022, 10:39 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Psych

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ S U C C ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
12 Years of Service
Threads: 92
Likes Given: 2
Discord: Psych#4540
Crystal DonatorLegendaryFortniter

Lack of quality members, lack of community, lack of game-related events, lack of friendly competition between members.

Gone are the days of a packed server of members fighting for top frag in M1 or M2 on HCE, or scrims between factions.

We need only look at ourselves to see why nothing is happening. Instead of asking why things are dead, take the initiative to reach out, granted it will most likely fall on deaf ears. We need only look to my post rotting in Members to see no one cares.
[Image: jyECP6x.png]
29 Jun 2022, 07:11 PM
The following 2 users Like SmG Psych's post:
  • «SmG» Cloud, SmG st0rm

Find Reply
Offline SmG jona

1 Year of Service
Threads: 1
Likes Given: 0
Discord: jona#5849

guys is this the forums where you post?
29 Jun 2022, 08:32 PM
Find Reply
Offline BlindDog0

1 Year of Service
Threads: 3
Discord: LordVapenstein#3185

(29 Jun 2022, 07:11 PM)Psych Wrote: Lack of quality members, lack of community, lack of game-related events, lack of friendly competition between members.

Gone are the days of a packed server of members fighting for top frag in M1 or M2 on HCE, or scrims between factions.

We need only look at ourselves to see why nothing is happening. Instead of asking why things are dead, take the initiative to reach out, granted it will most likely fall on deaf ears. We need only look to my post rotting in Members to see no one cares.

Damn bro thats deep.
29 Jun 2022, 09:23 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG st0rm

5 Years of Service
Threads: 71
Likes Given: 146
Discord: st0rm#6714
GeniusWriterSuper ComputerTwitterInstagramBrony
ScoutProgrammerDiscord WarriorFlamerCoolBronze Medal
Speaker of the HouseBoost GangThanks From Cloud

(29 Jun 2022, 07:11 PM)Psych Wrote: Lack of quality members, lack of community, lack of game-related events, lack of friendly competition between members.

Bitter Truth! But truth is truth.
[Image: standard.gif?width=1440&height=83]
30 Jun 2022, 03:56 PM
Find Reply
Offline axtmic

SmG Booster
Booster
3 Years of Service
Threads: 17
Likes Given: 8
Discord: xhs#0001

(29 Jun 2022, 08:32 PM)jona Wrote: guys is this the forums where you post?

yes! there are many other forums/discussions you can participate in. just dont say or do anything stupid. keep it PG.

i think SmG Admin needs to either re institate forums or like hype it up again. either would work
axtmic  Charmander
(This post was last modified: 30 Jun 2022, 11:38 PM by axtmic.)
30 Jun 2022, 11:35 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal

The biggest mistake was reforming SmG from a clan to a more open community. Before we had quality members. Members knew more about each other back then. But now that that the community is more open you got an influx of so many people that it is too big to get to know one another. It also doesn't help that SmG has no focus. Before it was games like Halo that we had our identity tied to. We would have private matches that we got to play and mess around. But now it is just a gaming community like any other but doesn't have much going for it like the others.

Kinda ironic that when we were more of an enclosed clan it felt like a community more than when we actually became one.
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01 Jul 2022, 09:22 AM by Battlefire.)
01 Jul 2022, 09:21 AM
Find Reply
Offline «SmG» Cloud

The King
Administrators
13 Years of Service
Threads: 2,104
Likes Given: 107
Discord: Cloud#2911
Speaker of the HouseDrunkFortniterDrunkDiscord Warrior5K
A Knight of The Round TableGamerTwitterHalloweenPet LoverChristmas 2018
Valentines Day RubyGolden GuardianBoost GangHalloween 2019ScoutBug Hunter

Exactly thank you. I could not have said it better myself.

This reminds me of the situation over on discord.
Members that never join voice chat: Why is no one in voice chat?

Maybe if other members put in even a tiny bit of effort like they used to we would actually make some progress. No one cares like they used to and it isn't all the staff members fault. Some of it sure. All of it absolutely not.

Thank you to the active members that care. I do appreciate you.
[Image: b4eQPAf.gif]
01 Jul 2022, 09:15 PM
The following 6 users Like «SmG» Cloud's post:
  • SmG Alphii, axtmic, SmG Nukem, SmG Sanchay, SmG Selma, SmG st0rm

Website Find Reply
Offline SmG Alphii

SmG's Crack Addict
Moderators
6 Years of Service
Threads: 268
Likes Given: 364
Discord: thyalphii
Graphics MasterStreamerInstagramPet LoverWriterHand-held/Mobile Gamer
Discord WarriorScoutBronze MedalGamerHalo GodSmG YouTuber
FortniterTwitterGeniusDiscord MasterThanks From CloudWarrior
OverwatchBronyArchitectSuper ComputerBug HunterCrystal Donator
LegendaryThe BombA Knight of The Round TableSupporterBug Hunter

(01 Jul 2022, 09:21 AM)Battlefire Wrote: The biggest mistake was reforming SmG from a clan to a more open community. Before we had quality members. Members knew more about each other back then. But now that that the community is more open you got an influx of so many people that it is too big to get to know one another. It also doesn't help that SmG has no focus. Before it was games like Halo that we had our identity tied to. We would have private matches that we got to play and mess around. But now it is just a gaming community like any other but doesn't have much going for it like the others.

Kinda ironic that when we were more of an enclosed clan it felt like a community more than when we actually became one.

I think this was kind of a smart idea, but on the same hand I agree with you.

SmG started as a halo clan in 2010, what was the game back then? Cause I know that you all still played Halo 2, and Halo 3, im not sure you guys were really Reach players as that was the Halo of 2010(I played tons of online in reach like living dead, oddball, etc). When Halo 4 came out in 2012, from what ive seen in old forum posts you guys still didnt play Halo 4, it was still 2 and 3, it also doesnt hurt that halo 4 was not the best game to play, so your community still sticked the old games. But when newer games came out like OW among other games, you all started to play those more and the H2V community sort of became a smaller group of people rather than the other people that moved on to new games. Then SmG made a discord which most of everyone was on as why have a forum thread when you can just have the conversation going in the discord. This part sort of killed SmG yes, but it also brought us new people to play games with kinda repeating the cycle for (some games) to have their small little group of people that play it.
[Image: image.png?ex=65f16158&is=65deec58&hm=82e...641cedddb&]
02 Jul 2022, 01:33 PM
Website Find Reply