[Event] Halo CE : Golf, Jumps, and Stunts
Offline Mator

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 1
Likes Given: 0
[Event] Halo CE : Golf, Jumps, and Stunts

Hey SmG clan,

I'm going to be hosting a weekly event every Saturday for the next few months (or until I decide to stop hosting it). The event will start around 2:00PM and run until 6:00PM (PST) every Saturday. At the event there will be Golf, Trick Jumping, and Stunting. My goal is to use this event to get the Halo PC tricking/jumping community to interact and have fun more often. Everyone is welcome.

The server shall be hosted on Halo: Custom Edition, and will be accessible to people who have a cracked copy of the game and to people on any other version of the game. It'll be a casual event, mainly about having fun in Halo 1. There will probably be a group call on Skype during the event. If you're wondering about the details of what we'll be doing at the event I have an elaboration below:

[Image: hgSE.png]
  • Golf
    Golf is a tricking/stunting game in which each player/team is given a warthog which serves as their "ball". The goal of the game is to get your warthog in (or to) the hole before the other teams. The game is turn-based, and each team is allowed to use one stack/explosive combination on their warthog per turn. The standard and most basic stack is a PFR (Plasma, Frag, Rocket). This combination involves throwing a plasma grenade, a frag grenade, and then firing a rocket in quick succession. The result is a synchronized explosion which can send a warthog flying.

[Image: 4rEi.png][Image: 4Iop.png][Image: 4Ioq.png][Image: 4Ioo.png]

• Trick Jumping
    Trick Jumping is still evolving in Halo 1, and few people have the benefit of having experience with the techniques. In the server we will have times in which everyone can go around and attempt any trick jumps they can come up with. At this time people are usually doing their own thing, but sometimes people may group together for partners or larger group jumps. We may also occasionally have sessions where we teach techniques important to Halo 1 trick jumping or share what jumps we've landed/been working on landing.

[Image: balances115.png?w=130&h=281][Image: insides116.png?w=130&h=281][Image: miscellaneous115.png?w=130&h=281][Image: ledges115.png?w=130&h=281][Image: locations115.png?w=130&h=281]

• Stunting
    Stunting is essentially Halo 1 tricking/glitching. It's the practice of doing things in the game that you weren't originally meant to do. E.g., balancing a warthog on its nose, getting outside of a map, launching a tank base to base, or climbing on invisible "ledges" while inside of a ceiling or wall. We will have times when we share stunts or teach stunting techniques.

[Image: hhg5.png]

• Slugfest
    Slugfest is a melee only game. It's essentially slayer but without shooting or grenades. Every now and then we may have a "last man standing" kind of slugfest game, where one person gets a chance to fight against everyone else (or run from them) where everyone is allowed to use melee only.

[Image: hhh3.png]

• Zombies
    Zombies is a game played in Halo 1 which you may know from Halo 3 or Halo Reach by the name of Infection. In Halo 1 the concept is the same, only we don't have swords and unless you're using mods you have to switch teams when you're killed by a zombie manually. Asides from this the game is pretty much identical to Infection. Zombies are only allowed to use melee, zombies get speed bonus every time they die, and if you're killed by a zombie you have to switch teams to the "zombie" team.

[Image: hhgw.png]

• Hog Wars
    Everyone gets a Warthog. People try to knock each other out of their Warthogs and flatten each other. No shooting or grenades allowed.

[Image: hhgu.png][Image: hhgv.png]

• Normal Games
    Normal Halo. I don't think I have to explain what this is (standard gametypes).

So come join the fun every Saturday on Halo: Custom Edition! If you need help getting Halo Custom Edition set up or with getting into the server feel free to PM me here on the forums.
18 Feb 2012, 10:30 PM
Find Reply
Offline Alloy

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 232
Re: [Event] Halo CE : Golf, Jumps, and Stunts

I'm up for it! What are the servers called and are there any custom maps we have to download?
18 Feb 2012, 10:53 PM
Find Reply
Offline Frozenx

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 1

I will come, yep and is there any c.map we need to download?
[Image: 6977435.gif]
So Many Gunz™

Live GT - SmG Frozen
XFire - snipfrozen
19 Feb 2012, 04:52 AM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Hawk

12 Years of Service
Threads: 287
The BombBronze MedalLegendary

I'm going to pwn at Slugfest, Zombie and Hog wars. :D

What will the server name be and could you please give us the ip?

Why not use Teamspeak instead of skype, teamspeak is a better quality. :up:
[Image: xYk6UVx.png]
19 Feb 2012, 05:42 AM
Find Reply
Offline Sman545

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 137

I'm coming, hell yeah it's going to be fun.
Add me on xfire bro (link in the crotch) and I'll play with you next week. Also like everyone else, any custom maps involved?
Oh and instead of Skype can we use Team Speak 3? If you don't know what that is ask because most of us have Team Speak and it is kind of more efficient for gaming than Skype.
~skrrtskrrt~~

[Image: tumblr_nwjh48gfnE1soqrhbo1_r1_1280.jpg]

19 Feb 2012, 01:33 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal

add me too on xfire
username smgnebula
i will pown you all in zombies.
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
19 Feb 2012, 08:55 PM
Find Reply
Offline Rebel

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 136

I'm gonna put u in ur place nebula xD
Download now!

[Image: 1832421002.png][Image: 6977435.gif]
Reaper Squad Founder
[Image: lY5Iifw.jpg]
21 Feb 2012, 05:17 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal

in recorded one of my matches in hpc and zombie server and i was the last one. also got 20 kills when the only human than got overruned and got infected.
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
21 Feb 2012, 08:08 PM
Find Reply
Away SmG Storm

13 Years of Service
Threads: 203
Ghost

what is normal halo lolz jokes
how do i contact you..
[Image: MCZBxMS.gif]