Compared to mine, obvi :lol:
05 Mar 2012, 10:26 AM
Website Find
Offline SmG Static

12 Years of Service
Threads: 31
Likes Given: 0
Re: is this good?

sman it actually tests that yet your browser makes your speed faster :nyan: or slower
 [Image: 1721-nobody-gif] 
05 Mar 2012, 11:50 PM
Find
Offline PirateEggs

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 168
Likes Given: 0
Re: is this good?

«SmG» Sman545 Wrote:I thought speed test tested the internet you pay for, not the browser you are using. o_O
It depends, if flash works better in one browser then your internet will SEEM faster on speedtest, but it really isn't, it's just how flash works, also you can run a speed test, and then run another a minute later and get different results. Could be due to your family using the net, your computer doing an update, well, a lot things. Speed tests aren't always correct and if you have a really bad computer then your internet will SEEM really slow. Our old (family) PC was like 6 years old and the download speed was only around 12 - 13 Mbps, but on mine, I get around 18 Mbps and I am running wireless (about 15m / 50 ft) from the modem.
My max speed I can get is 24 Mbps, the best speed test I have got is 20.2 Mbps, but I can download (very rarely) at 2.7 - 2.8 MBps which is around 22 MBps, but like I said, rarely can DL at that speed, most I can usually do is 2 MBps.

Note. Mbps (little b) is Megabits, MBps (big B) is Megabytes. Hopefully to not confuse anyone.

To answer the initial question, you can't say if it's good or not, because you didn't say what you want it for.
Yes, it's good for normal internet use.
Yes, it's good for online gaming.
Yes, it's good for download / uploading files.
No, it's not too good for hosting servers.
No, it's not too good for live streaming.

It will do all of those things, except some better than others, also it is depending on your computer, if your computer is bad, your internet will suffer.
If your computer is good, then you're good. It's all good.

I would love an upload speed of that, I don't even have 1 Mbps. It sucks.
[Image: 27269.png]
06 Mar 2012, 05:28 AM
Website Find