Current time: 28 Apr 2024, 06:42 PM

Poll: Is Stinger a nig?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
77.78%
7 77.78%
No
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Religion?
Offline Bravo

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 169
Likes Given: 0
Religion?

What religion do you believe in? or you were raised as?

I was raised as a Catholic but I'm now an Atheist who BELIEVES in God, but I reject him, refuse to worship him.
06 Mar 2012, 09:02 AM
Website Find
Offline PirateEggs

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 168
Re: Religion?

I think I am pretty much the same as you Bravo.
[Image: 27269.png]
06 Mar 2012, 09:13 AM
Website Find
Offline Anomaly1

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 15

I'm a biochemistry major, and so I look really in depth into the complexities of biological function and structure. The world we live in is so vastly complex from the smallest micro-organism to the shifting of tectonic plates and gravity between stars.
It's from this observation that I believe that there IS a "creator", because the mere probability of evolution from (what is theorized) a barren volcanic wasteland with no atmosphere is slim to none, but I'm not convinced by the Christian theology. The cosmic chain of events to create a life form from nothing in that kind of environment is almost impossible. However, it IS possible, just improbable. I guess if you had to classify me it would be an Agnostic due to science (one of the few haha).
Youtube: Show Me Gameplay Pl0x!
GT: iTz Anomaly , MLG Anomalyy
MLG: Semi-Pro, Halo 2, 2007
Clemson University, South Carolina
06 Mar 2012, 09:17 AM
Find
Offline Bravo

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 169

I'm asking this because Peter Vardy went to our school today and did a lecture :D was interesting

It was about Evil & Suffering, is God guilty, how can they be explained, etc.
06 Mar 2012, 09:19 AM
Website Find
Offline AppleKokoNut

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 1

SmG Anomalyy Wrote:I'm a biochemistry major, and so I look really in depth into the complexities of biological function and structure. The world we live in is so vastly complex from the smallest micro-organism to the shifting of tectonic plates and gravity between stars.
It's from this observation that I believe that there IS a "creator", because the mere probability of evolution from (what is theorized) a barren volcanic wasteland with no atmosphere is slim to none, but I'm not convinced by the Christian theology. The cosmic chain of events to create a life form from nothing in that kind of environment is almost impossible. However, it IS possible, just improbable. I guess if you had to classify me it would be an Agnostic due to science (one of the few haha).

I found your opinion very interesting, because my brother has started a doctorate in biochemistry a few months ago, and his opinion is quite the opposite of yours. He was raised, like me, as a catholic christian. But he started saying that the things he discovers everyday in his job/studies make him realize that everything that IS, is MEANT TO BE because of the science chain. Nothing exists by accident. I won't go into details, but he claims now that thanks to that, he no longer believes in God, at least for the "almighty creator" side of the idea.

Personally I don't know where to place myself, I don't know if I BELIEVE in God but I know that I don't need to rely on it. I never pray not even in my head, but my education probably keeps me from saying that I'm a pure atheist.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty." E.R. Murrow
[Image: 34773x0.png]
06 Mar 2012, 09:35 AM
Website Find
Offline Mr. Maggot

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 179

Sith :lightsaberfight:
06 Mar 2012, 10:09 AM
Find
Offline SmG Conan

SmG Booster
Booster
12 Years of Service
Threads: 89
Discord: Meatspin#9716
DrunkHand-held/Mobile GamerLegendarySapphire DonatorThanks From CloudChristmas 2018
GamerLeague of LegendsBronze MedalHalloween 2019Boost Gang

It's what catholic church have became which have made us stop (in a way) believing in GOD....catholic church have became commercial.....personally I don't believe in churches since people can be corrupted by power(incluiding me) or they miss their goals in the way.....in the other hand...for me it's hard to believe in God....there are so many question that have no answer but that christians said it's only about faith and i can't really understand why they rely so much on that.....maybe it is only one of ours defects...we need to believe on something that is more powerfull than us to trust in it and leave some responsability on it
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/268RLZL.png[/img]
06 Mar 2012, 10:56 AM
Website Find
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal

I will not tell what i am from but here i go. there has to be a creator because think how did this happen. whey is there earth, why there are cells in living things. why did this universe come and the earth made by pieces of dust from a star. put these thins together and its very large than you think it is. nothing can do something that big neutrality. so we learn about it and discover new things to put in the big ones. there has to be a creator. a big bam cant happen by it self you know. what put energy to do so?
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
06 Mar 2012, 11:11 AM
Find
Offline Alloy

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 232

Just to put a side note in here, whatever religion they are and you are, don't even think about being racist or prejudice.

I'm from a country that has Islamic beliefs. So that makes me a Muz-lim.
06 Mar 2012, 11:16 AM
Find
Offline SmG Conan

SmG Booster
Booster
12 Years of Service
Threads: 89
Discord: Meatspin#9716
DrunkHand-held/Mobile GamerLegendarySapphire DonatorThanks From CloudChristmas 2018
GamerLeague of LegendsBronze MedalHalloween 2019Boost Gang

SmG Nebula Wrote:I will ..... there has to be a creator. a big bam cant happen by it self you know. what put energy to do so?
that is what i was talking about..we have the necesity of believe in something more stronger, more powerfull than us...in your case....it is just to explain everything that still doesn't have an answer...what will happen if someday we get the answer?...what will happen if someday we discover that big bang happened? or that the theory of evolution was rigth? just for saying but religion explains everything that doesn't have an answer: the creation of earth, how we were created, what happens to us everyday :/
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/268RLZL.png[/img]
06 Mar 2012, 12:33 PM
Website Find