Quotes
Offline SmG Hawk

12 Years of Service
Threads: 287
Likes Given: 0
The BombBronze MedalLegendary
Quotes

A New Year’s resolution soon becomes a New Year’s disillusion. – P.K. Shaw

It is easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them. – Alfred Adler

Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty. – Mother Teresa

By learning you will teach, by teaching you will learn. – Latin Proverb

One can never fully appreciate companionship if one has never experienced loneliness. – J.D. Boatwood

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching. – Unknown

Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past. – George Orwell

Nothing is more dangerous than an idea, when you only have one idea. – Emile Alain

To think is to see. – Honore De Balzac

There are more old drunkards than old doctors. – Benjamin Franklin

The car has become an article of dress without which we may feel uncertain, unclad and incomplete in the urban compound. – Marshall McLuhan

An injury is much sooner forgotten than an insult. – Philip Chesterfield

If you want to get along, go along. – Sam Rayburn

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. – Don Marquis

The Knowledge of the world is only to be acquired in the wo0rld, and not in a closet. – Earl of Chesterfield

A friend is one who knows all about you but likes you just the same. – W.G.P

Good music is that which penetrates the ear with facility and quits the memory with difficulty. – Thomas
Beecham

A dazzling success castes a large shadow. – Peter Green-Gibson

Among the things that money can’t buy is what it used to. – Max Kauffman

Nothing is firmly believed as that which we least know. – Michel De Montaigne

Hold your head too high and you will stumble over unseen obstacles. – J.D. Boatwood

Anxiety is fear of one’s self. – Wilhelm Stekel

A swollen head is natures frantic effort to fill vacuum. – W.G.P.

A primitive artist is an amateur whose works sells. – Grandma Moses

Australia will never acquire a national identity until individual Australians acquire identities of their own. – Patrick White

Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. – Mother Theresa

Unlock the door to your mind before opening the door to the world. – John Liepa

The art of life lies in a constant re-adjustment to our surroundings. – Okakura Kakuzo

How long is a piece of string? – cut the ends off, and it’s endless. – Michel Cattarin

Most parents would agree that the best part of their children’s lives was the drawing board stage. – P.K. Shaw

Happiness is a by-product of an effort to make some one else happy. – Greta Brooker Palmer

Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody. – Franklin P. Adams

The easiest way for our children to learn about money is for you not to have any. – Katherine Whitehorn

It is better by far to speak with a person rather to a person. – J.D. Boatwoood

The past is foreign country : they do things differently there. – LP Harley

The enemies of the future are always the very nicest people. – Christopher Morley

Why do emphasise the importance of home ownership when life itself is only leased? – P.K. Shaw

I’m not frightened of the darkness outside. It’s the darkness inside houses I don’t like. – Shelagh Delaney

Fashion is architecture : it is a matter of proportions. – Coco Chanel

Love is, above all, the gift of oneself. – Jean Anouilah

Creditors have better memories than debtors. – Benjamin Franklin

Liberty is right to do everything which the law allows. – Baron De Montequieu

I think knowing what you can not do is more important that knowing what you can. – Lucille Ball

Our characters are the result of our conduct. Airstotle

People who jump to conclusions rarely alight on them. – Philip Guedalla

You don’t get good apples from a bad tree. – Russian Proverb

Even if a farmer intends to loaf, he gets up in time to get an early start. – Edgar Watson Howe

God doesn’t help you with dollars, he helps you with sense. – Graeme A.S. Browne

All work no matter how menial is a worthwhile endeavour. – Terry Steer

Today’s favours become tomorrows obligations. – Matthew Cameron

All charming people have something to conceal, usually their total dependence on the appreciation of others. – Cyril Connolly

No spring, nor summer hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face. – John Donne

Whose bread I eat, his song I sing. – German Proverb

Never say “sorry” to yourself. Accept what has happened, and get along with your life. – J.D. Boatwood

An excellent survival kit – a well filled wallet. – W.G.P.

The reward of a thing well done is to have done it. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everyone must row the oars he has. – English Proverb

The secret of being miserable is to have leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not. The cure of it is occupation. – G.B. Shaw

The difficulty with marriage is that we fall in love with a personality, but we must live with a character. – Peter De Vries

Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat. – F. Scott Fitzgerald\

In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small thinks with great love. – Mother Teresa

Learn as though you would never be able to master it; hold it as though you would be in fear of losing it. – Confucius

When you cannot get a compliment in any other way pay yourself one. – Mark Twain

The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. – Dolly Parton

When desire dies, fear is born. – Baltasar

How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? – Satchell Page

To look at a person with reverence is the equivalent of bestowing a kiss. – J.D. Boatwood

Grass is the forgiveness of nature – her constant benediction. Forests decay, harvests perish, flowers vanish, but grass is immortal – Brain Ingalls.

There have been three great inventions since the beginning of time: fire, the wheel and central banking. – Will Rogers

When we quarrel, how we wish we had been blameless. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

The fellow who does things that count, doesn’t usually stop to count them. – Unknown

Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out. – Jack Buck

People don’t ever seem to realise that doing what’s right is no guarantee against misfortune. – William McFeee.

As for the future, your task is not to foresee, but to enable it. – Antoine De Saint-Exupery

The most wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed. – Nicolas Chamfort

Drama is life with dull bits cut out. – Alfred Hitchcock

Experience is the art of not making the same mistake too many times. – W.G.P.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe. – Anatole

The future is made of the same stuff as the present. – Simone Weil

The manner of giving is worth more than the gift. – Pierre Corneille

What a wonderful life I’ve had! I only wish I’d realised it sooner. – Colette

The value of marriage is not the adults produce children but that children produce adults. – Peter De Vries

A house divided against itself cannot stand. – Abraham Lincoln

Vision is the art of seeing things invisible. – Jonathan Swift

Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes – Chinese Proverb

Some performers, who break into show business, should be convicted for trespassing. – P.K. Shaw

The trouble being punctual is that nobody’s there to appreciate it. – Franklin P. Jones

The best way out is always through. – Robert Frost

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. – Martin Luther King

Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation! – Jane Austen

We could never be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world. – Helen Keller

The price of greatness is responsibility. – Sir Winston Churchill

As the rest of the world is walking out the door, your best friends are the ones walking in. – Unknown

We give advice by the bucket, but take it by grain. – William R. Alger

Don’t cry because its over, smile because it happened! – Anonymous

Be a good listener. Your ears will never get you in trouble. – Frank Tyger

Why is it, when we have a few white hairs, only the coloured one come out in the comb? – P.K. Shaw

Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. – Marie Curie

Truth is so rare it’s delightful to tell it. – Emily Dickinson

No fine work can be done without concentration and self-sacrifice and toil and doubt. – Max Beerbohm

Life is something to do when you can’t get to sleep. – Fran Lebowitz

Whenever you observe an animal clsely, you feel as if a human being sitting inside were making fun of you. – Elias Canetti

You are never giving, nor can you ever give, enough service. – James R. Cook

A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something. – Frank Capra

If you want good employees, be a good employer. – W.G.P.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. – Nelson Mandela

I destroy my enemy when I make him my friend. – Abraham Lincoln

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein

Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity. – Oprah Winfrey

If you think about what you can ought to do for other people, your character will take care of itself. – Woodrow Wilson

A beautiful soul has no other merit than its existence. – Johann Friedrich Von Schiller

The really happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery, even when the have to take a detour. – Sir James Jeans

It is only with heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. – Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion. – G.W.F Hegel

Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing away. – Emory Austin

The green Bay Packers never lost a football game. They just ran out of time. – Vince Lombardi

Physical strength is measured by what we can carry; spiritual by what we can bear. – Unknown

Forgiveness is not an occasional act: it is an attitude. Martin Luther King

It is wise to provide for the things that can’t happen – they are thing that do happen. W.G.P.

In every person who comes near you look for what is good and strong. – John Ruskin
¬¬¬¬
If there were no good in the world we would not be hearing so much about evil. – P.K. Shaw

Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person. – Mother Teresa

Everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was. – Richard L Evans

I’d rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed. – Robert H Schuller

He that won’t be counselled can’t be helped. – Benjamin Franklin

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes. – W.G.P

The fearful unbelief is unbelief in yourself. Thomas Carlyle

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt

I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship. – Louisa May Alcott

Of all sad words of tongue of pen, the saddest are these: “It might have been!” – John Greenleaf Whittier

Eating is a pleasant habit that grows on you. – P.K. Shaw

Total absence of humour renders life impossible. – Sidonie Gabrielle Colette

Most people want security in this world, not liberty. – H.L. Mencken

It is not so much our friends’ help that helps us as the confident knowledge that they will help us. – Epicurus

The ballot is stronger than the bullet. – Abraham Lincoln

You can not feed the hungry on statistics. – Lloyd George

It is better to weep with wise men than to laugh with fools. – Spanish Proverb

I don’t think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that still remains. – Anne Frank

A journey of a thousand mils must begin with a single step. – Chinese Proverb

When I was born I was so surprised I didn’t talk for a year and a half. – Grace Allen

If the creator had a purpose in equipping us with a neck, he surely meant us to stick it out. – Arthur Koestler

Truth never damages a causes that is just. – Mohandas K. Gandhi

Charity begins at home, but should not end there. – Thomas Fuller

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot – but I always found them. – Rodney Dangerfield

I don’t know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be. – Abraham Lincoln

A good meal ought to begin with hunger. – French Proverb

When I look into the future, it’s so bright it burns my eyes. – Oprah Winfrey

Waste not fresh tears over old grief’s. – Dante

I just put my feet in the air and move them around. – Fred Astaire

To be alive at all involves some risk. – Harold Macmillan

Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide. – Napoleon

It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only be preparing for war. – John F. Kennedy

No one can build his security upon the nobleness of another person. – Willa Cather

Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour. – Ovid

If I have to, I can do anything. – Helen Reddy

I walk firmer and more secure up hill than down. – Michel De Montaigne

Our dignity is not in what we do, but in what we understand. – George Santayana

Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me, it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly. – Julie Andrews

Trust the friends today as if they will be enemies tomorrow. – Baltasar Gracian

The walking have one would in common; sleepers have each a private would of his own. – Heraclitus

Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity. – Airstotle

Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong. – Ella Fitzgerald

If a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well. – Proverb

I’m in trouble because I’m normal and slightly arrogant. A lot of people don’t like themselves and I happen to be totally in love with myself. – Mike Tyson

In a full heart there is room for everything, and in an empty heart there is a room for nothing. – Antonio Porchia

Nothing happens to any man that he is not formed by nature to bear. – Marcus Aurelius

Pay attention to your enemies, for they are the first to discover your mistakes. – Antisthenes

You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm. – Colette

Let age, not envy, draw wrinkles on thy cheeks. – Thomas Browne

It is by its promise of a sense of power that evil often attracts the weak. – Eric Hoffer

Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation. – Charlotte Bronte

If we could sell our experiences for what they cost us we’d be millionaires. – Abigail Van Buren

Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. – Elbert Hubbard

If you like walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress. Barrack Obama

The eyes have one language everywhere. – George Herbert

After a certain number of years, our faces become our biographies. – Cynthia Ozick

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. – Aldous Huxley

I would prefer even to fail with honour than win by cheating. – Sophocles

Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant. – Seneca

The real fault is to have faults and not amend them. – Confucius

It is a miserable state of mind to have few things to desire and many things to fear. – Francis Bacon

All that non-fiction can do is answer questions. Its fiction’s business to ask them. – Richard Hughes

Flattery is all right so long as you don’t inhale. – Adlai Stevenson

Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts. – Sigmund Freud

Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting reconciles everybody. – Samuel Pepys

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread. – Alexander Pope

Whatever needs to be maintained through force is doomed. – Henry Miller

It is a rare and beautiful thing to be completely understood by another. – P.K. Shaw

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. – Will Rogers

To like and dislike the same things, that is indeed true friendship. – Sallust

To cease smoking is the easiest thing I ever did. I ought to know because I’ve done it a thousand times. – Mark Twain

The latest definition of an optimist is one who fills up his crossword puzzle in ink. – Clement King Shorter

Musicians don’t retire; they stop when there’s no more music in them. – Louis Armstrong

It is the ability to deceive oneself that one shows the greatest talent. – Anatole France

A good face is a letter of recommendation. – Proverb

Some people think they are in tune with the infinite when they are only out of tune with the definite. – W.G.P.

My words fly up, my thoughts remain below: words without thoughts never go to heaven. – William Shakespeare

The future will always pay those who are patient with it. – W.G.P.

Its takes very little water to turn dust into mud. – P.K. Shaw

But now all I need in order to have a future, is to design a future I can manage to get inside of. – Francine Julian Clark

No occupation is to delightful to me as the culture of the earth, and no culture comparable to that of the garden. – Thomas Jefferson

All generalizations are false, including this one. – Alexander Chase

No one would remember the good Samaritan if he’d only had good intentions. He had money as well. – Margaret Thatcher

Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it. – George Orwell

Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. – Thomas Edison

An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make a better shop. – H.L. Mencken

We owe almost all our knowledge not to those who have agreed, but to those who have differed. – C.C Colton

The family Is court of justice which never shuts down for night or day. – Malcolm De Chazal

Education is what you must acquire without any interface from your schooling. – Mark Twain

Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as is cooperation with good. – Mohandas K. Gandhi

Goodness is uneventful. If does not flash, it glows. – David Grayson

Show me someone who never gossips and I’ll show you someone who isn’t interested in people. – Barbara Walters

The basis of effective government is public confidence. – John F. Kennedy

Gracefulness is to the body what understanding is to the mind. – Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy. – Jacques Maritain

All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning. – Albert Camus

Some people are molded by their admirations, others by their hostilities. – Elizabeth Bowen

My evening visitors, if they cannot see the clock should find the time in my face. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

The only thing that can stop hair falling is the floor. – Will Rogers

To be happy, we must not be too concerned with other. – Albert Camus

One of the great disadvantages of hurry is that it takes such a long time. – G.K. Chesterton

Health is not a condition of matter, but of mind. – Mary Baker Eddy

The history of every country begins in the heart of a man or woman. – Willa Cather

To make your children capable of honesty is the beginning of education. – John Ruskin

We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones. – Stephen King

Bet on a horse at ten to one. It didn’t come in until half-past five. – Henny Youngman

There are days when housework seems the only outlet. – Adrienne Rich

Life is like a seesaw: when you’re riding high, it’s usually because someone else is carrying your weight. – P.K. Shaw

A hobby is hard work you wouldn’t do for a living. - Anonymous

The two most beautiful words in English are “Cheque Enclosed”. – Dorothy Parket

There is wisdom in innocence. – P.K. Shaw

There is only one thing in the world worse than been talked about and that is not been talked about. – Oscar Wilde

You can always read a doctor’s bill and you can never read his prescriptions. – Finley Peter Dunne

The true use of speech is not so much to express our wants as to conceal them. – Oliver Goldsmith

The gate that is slammed too hard may open wide again. – P.K. Shaw

The purpose of human life is to serve and to show compassion and the will to help others. – Albert Schweitzer

The shock absorbers on buses are known as passengers. – W.G.P

Wounds heal and become scars. But scars grow with us. – King Stanislaus

Since when do you have to agree with people to defend them from injustice? – Lillian Hellman

We hope tat, when the insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on all our picnics. – Bill Vaughan

A false friend and a shadow are attend only while the sun shines. – Benjamin Franklin

Give me a museum and I’ll fill it. – Pablo Picasso

Its kind of fun to do the impossible. – Walt Disney

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. – Sherlock Holmes

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. – Henry Ford

Well done is better than well said. – Benjamin Franklin

The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. – Anne Morrow Lindbergh

You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. – Jack London

It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well. – Rene Descartes

Intuition is a spiritual and does not explain, but simply points the way. – Florence Scovel Shinn

Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life. – Bertolt Brecht

A word and a stone let go cannot be called back. – Thomas Fuller

The point is that nobody likes having salt rubbed into their wounds even if is the salt of the earth. – Rebecca West

Jazz is the only music in which the same note can be played night after night but differently each time. – Ornette Coleman

Jealousy is no more than feeling alone against smiling enemies. – Elizabeth Bowen

Make no judgments where you have no compassion. – Anne McCaffrey

The things we know best are the things we haven’t been taught. – Marquis De Vauvenargues

You have learnt something. That always feels at first as if you had lost something. – George Bernard Shaw

Good as it is to inherit a library, it is better to collect one. – Augustine Birrell

At twenty years of age, the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty the judgment. – Benjamin Franklin

How many things I can do without! – Socrates

Manners are not idle, but the fruit of loyal nature and of noble mind. – Alfred, Lord Tennyson

The least of things with a meaning is worth more in life than the greatest of things without it. – Carl Jung

We do not remember days, we remember moments. – Cesare Pavese

I can do something else besides stuff a ball through a hoop. My biggest resource is my mind. – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

We look into mirrors but we only see the effects of our times on us not our effects on other. – Pearl Bailey

It is very easy to forgive others their mistakes; it takes more grit and gumption to forgive them for having witnessed your own. – Jessamyn West

A good newspaper, I suppose, is a nation talking to itself. – Arthur Miller

Arrange whatever pieces come your way. – Virgina Woolf

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. – Oscar Wilde

Parents are not quite interested in justice, they are interested in quiet. – Bill Cosby

They also serve who only stand and wait. – John Dryden

When we say “War is over if you want it,” we mean that if everyone demanded peace instead of another TV set, we’d have peace.- John Lennon

The darkest hour is just before the dawn. – Proverb

The poet is the priest of the invisible. – Wallace Stevens

The world which credits what is done is cold to all that might have been. – Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Keep in mind always the present you are constructing. It should be the future you want. – Alice Walker

It is terrible to speak well and be wrong. – Sophocles

Christmas is a time when you sacrifice the things you want – and hope some one will get them for you. – P.K. Shaw

I hate to spread rumors – but what else can you do with them- Amanda Lear

Three things that never come back; the spent arrow, the spoken word, the lost opportunity. – W.G.P

A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business. – Henry Ford

Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is. – Vince Lombardi

Let us not burden our remembrance with A heaviness that’s gone. – William Shakespeare

In conclusion, if you want to unravel the multitude of secrets of chess don’t begrudge the time. – Garry Kasparov

Remember that there is always a limit to self-indulgence, but none of self-restraint. – Mohandas K. Gandhi

It is easy to live for others; everybody does. I call on you to live for yourselves. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

We are rich only though what we give, an poor only through what we refuse. – Anne-Sophie Swetchine

Laugh and the world laughs with you; snore and you sleep alone. – Anthony Burgess

Everybody wants to do something to help, but nobody wants to be first. – Pearl Bailey

You don’t get ulcers from what you eat. You get them from what’s eating you. – Vicki Baum

I will honour Christmas in my heat, and try to keep it all the year. – Charles Dickens

Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up. – Jesse Jackson

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. – Franklin D. Rossevelt

When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world. – George Washington Carver

Faith is taking the first step, even when you don’t see the whole staircase. – Martin Luther King Jr.

I’ve always felt it was not up to anyone else to make me give my best. – Akeem Olajuwon

Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things. Frank A. Clark
[Image: xYk6UVx.png]
09 Apr 2012, 04:02 AM
Find
Offline PirateEggs

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 168
Re: Quotes

Should be in General Nonsense.
Noob.
[Image: 27269.png]
09 Apr 2012, 04:07 AM
Website Find
Offline SmG Pulse

12 Years of Service
Threads: 141
LegendaryHalo GodGamerHand-held/Mobile Gamer

Nice copy pastin' :P
09 Apr 2012, 05:53 AM
Website Find
Offline PirateEggs

Registered
13 Years of Service

Your fat.
          - Noob
09 Apr 2012, 06:21 AM
Website Find
Offline Omega

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 183

Was I expected to read all of that?
09 Apr 2012, 06:23 AM
Find
Offline PirateEggs

Registered
13 Years of Service

I read about 5, hit "end", and a read a few from the bottom ...

Keep hitting, Home and End ... It's fun :O
09 Apr 2012, 06:27 AM
Website Find
Offline SmG Pulse

12 Years of Service
Threads: 141
LegendaryHalo GodGamerHand-held/Mobile Gamer

PirateEggs Wrote:I read about 5, hit "end", and a read a few from the bottom ...

Keep hitting, Home and End ... It's fun :O

Won't work anymore cuz of teh replies peeps have posted >.>
09 Apr 2012, 06:49 AM
Website Find
Offline PirateEggs

Registered
13 Years of Service

It's still fun regardless ...