Halo 4 Review: so far (spoiler free)
Offline Slingin

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 77
Likes Given: 0
Bronze MedalSmG YouTuber
Halo 4 Review: so far (spoiler free)

Hey guys! Long time no see. Hope all is doing well. Just wanted to share an opinion.

Previous Rank of Halo games my opinion.
4. Halo Reach: Great Single player Campaign. Horrible multiplayer. No BR altered the gameplay to feel un-halo like.{i know h1 no br... shut it!} Pace was awkward. Heavy flat Spartan. Controls were not fluid.
3. Halo 3: Forge and theater mode saved it. Opened up the gameplay. Disappointing Campaign and conclusion. Crappy graphics!! Even for the time.
2. Halo CE: Best Campaign. Started it all. The multiplayer is the foundation for all halo games.
1. Halo 2: Fluid controls. Awesome campaign. Glitches opened up an entire new way to play. Countless hours just goofing off. Best mp maps of all time. The original online halo that launched xbox live into what it is today.

Halo 4:
Can 343 do it?
Fluid controls. Frame rates that hold up even in intense battles. Awesome new weapons. Graphics that are the best I have seen on console. Default controls easy to get used to: similar to COD. Even so it still plays like a halo game. Most noted like a fast pace Halo 2. Campaign is awesome as hell. Multiplayer so far is fast, crisp, intense. MP maps play well and are proportionally correct. Hit reg is the best of any Halo game. Load outs make the game feel like you have more control and a more specialized character. (your own spartan). BR is crisp and better than ever. The sound is amazing.

I was fortunate enough to know the right people and be in the right place @ the right time. I can not wait till launch to pick up a copy of this game.

I can not tell you where it sits completely on my list yet as I have not played near enough or experienced the whole game. I can tell you that it is running for a #1 seed on my list of halo games so far.
[Image: Signature%20SMG_zpsp3dbyxce.png]
31 Oct 2012, 08:51 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal
Re: Halo 4 Review: so far (spoiler free)

Halo 1 does not have a BR ;) lol jk'in with ya. Well glad your still visiting now and than.

And I hope this will be the first Halo game that will win game of the year :D

I agree with you with all your statements but Halo 3 had a great campaign. And do remember that Halo3 ending led to the next amazing story of Halo 4 ;)

And you forgot the spartan op for Halo 4. What you thought of that?
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
31 Oct 2012, 09:12 PM
Find Reply
Offline Slingin

Registered
12 Years of Service
Bronze MedalSmG YouTuber

Halo 3 campaign disappointed me because it left the arbiters story and shied away from all the covenant religion hoopla. It's like it dropped half of everything halo 2 had. Gravemind was nothing but a tenticle of the original from h2. It back tracked all game long (more than h1 or h2). It had little to no emotion. The ending was short and just felt let down. Only + thing was it led to H4. Oh and H3 had the worst single player mission to ever graze a fps.

Spartan ops was not available as it does not kick off until the official release of the game.
31 Oct 2012, 09:33 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service

Yeah true but I think they wanted to focus on Master Chief more because they really want you to get a good idea on him before Halo 4 or it won't be so good at all. Being Arbiter was ok but I like being Master Chief more.
31 Oct 2012, 09:50 PM
Find Reply
Offline Slingin

Registered
12 Years of Service
Bronze MedalSmG YouTuber

def liked being master chief more. it was the story behind the character that was so interesting. its like they introduced the arbiter and it got all interesting then BAMN! DENIED! haha

Trust me though. H4 Campaign is BA
31 Oct 2012, 09:52 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service

lol I just really really want to get Halo 4.

To tell you the truth. I'm just interested more in the campaign. Want to see what happens next. Than the flood gametype :D

Me love Floods lol

But I am really disappointed on the medals :/
And the Spartan Armors look good but the first time I saw them... I said ooo power rangers. And it was brought up by someone. I forgot who. Don't really like the armors.
31 Oct 2012, 09:56 PM
Find Reply
Offline Alloy

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 232

Halo 4 in my opinion is going to be the bomb!!! Imao. Really want to play the campaign and see what's going on. What is the conflict? What is Halo 4 all about? I am also looking forward for the LIVE gaming in Halo 4. :D

I thought the Halo 4 Forward on to Dawn was a success and i enjoyed watching it. :D
31 Oct 2012, 10:04 PM
Find Reply
Away SmG Storm

13 Years of Service
Threads: 203
Ghost

i have played reach and halo 3, halo 2 and halo 1
but i love halo 2 the most it's so sad that it's dead now...(i like halo ce but it's just that i like halo 2 because there are more glitches)
halo 2 represents a game where you don't need fancy graphics or a perfect non glitchy game to just have some fun...you can tell by playing the game that they put a lot of effort in it
unlike h3 or reach... adding a few new tricks to a game won't cut it for me
i just wish that in halo 4 there would be some fun glitches and sweet maps
[Image: MCZBxMS.gif]
31 Oct 2012, 10:30 PM
Find Reply
Offline unKnowN

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 36

Well I am the black sheep into the way of thinking by the halo community in general and I will explain why. Halo 2 for me is obviously the best halo ever made with every single detail that slingin could write about. What I like the most about it is probably a characteristic that none of the other halos will never have which is the amount of ways in which you can have fun at the game. Unlike halo 3 and reach where everything is about killing but never really having the opportunity to do something cool with people you don't know like halo 2 you don't need to face tryhards in every game and you can mess around if you make a game yourself. Glitches custom maps and even hax sometimes have been part of becoming this game in the best game of all times. As I said before I am the black sheep cuz I actually enjoy reach. Halo 3 for me was good but I can't play a game with such a lack of smoothness I feel like playing at 24 fps the movement is sometimes is f**ked up and I think I don't feel the same at reach. The lack of maps maybe could be consider the biggest problem at reach but common look at forge world which improved the shitty forge from h3 and the new customizations. The problem is that the halo community is based on conservatives which just want the same game with different graphics and maps but it is exactly because I think in the contrary way that I look forward into halo 4 and I enjoyed reach because I like changes and I like having new things to explore and to have fun at. I pre ordered today h4 limited edition and I couldn't be more happy to spend my money on that.
ROFLCOPTER LOVER
[Image: notknown2.png]
31 Oct 2012, 11:18 PM
Find Reply
Offline Slingin

Registered
12 Years of Service
Bronze MedalSmG YouTuber

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/01/halo-4-review">http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/01/halo-4-review</a><!-- m -->

I hate saying I told you so but.... I MOTHA $#%$% TOLD YA!!@!! Best since h2 and maybe even better
01 Nov 2012, 03:22 AM
Website Find Reply