Microsoft silver light.
Offline SmG Dragonrage

Royal Dragon
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Likes Given: 0
Gavel of TrinityLeague of LegendsProgrammerCoolCrystal DonatorLegendary
Microsoft silver light.

So yea a few weeks back my computer updated Microsoft silverlight on its own even though its supposed to ask first before it does it and now my computer is all messed up. I used to get a consistent 60fps on LoL now it roams around but is normally 30 but can be as low as 10 and occasionally will spike to 60 but not for very long. I didn't think silverlight was supposed to effect fps but its the only thing that updated then. Also on halo I have been warping a bit on the pub servers ever since. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the fact that when the thing popped up saying it was going to restart my computer in 15 minutes or to postpone it I was playing halo so I didn't see it until someone poked me on ts and I alt tabbed to see what was up. And then it restarted my computer with halo ts xfire Firefox and chrome running. So it had to close them all as it tried to restart. Any ideas how to fix?
[Image: mla7mw8hs3u0g9czg.jpg?size_id=5]
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
02 Apr 2013, 11:04 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline SmG Pulse

12 Years of Service
Threads: 141
LegendaryHalo GodGamerHand-held/Mobile Gamer
Re: Microsoft silver light.

Revert back to the day b4 update.
02 Apr 2013, 11:11 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline Leaf

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 24
Programmer

yeah, system restore should do the trick ;)
02 Apr 2013, 11:20 PM
Find Reply
Offline SmG Dragonrage

Royal Dragon
11 Years of Service
Gavel of TrinityLeague of LegendsProgrammerCoolCrystal DonatorLegendary

I used system restore and I got a whole bunch of errors pop up when it rebooted so I reverted back. Ill see if maybe my uncle can fix it. Hopefully.
[Image: mla7mw8hs3u0g9czg.jpg?size_id=5]
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
03 Apr 2013, 11:24 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

well your right that silver light shouldn't effect framerate drop. There was a problem awhile back with streaming on netflix while silver light was open because silverlight effected the framerate because it didn't know how to handle the buffer rate for the streams. But halo isn't a web browser, so it shouldn't effect it....

The warping is not related im pretty sure. Network issues would cause warping, but performance drop is client side and shouldn't effect how others see you. And windows closes all running programs fully before beginning a system restart, so i also highly doubt that that is the problem either.

So, i need a bit more info. Are there any other things messed up besides the frame rate? Are there any error reports or logs or something? What errors did you get when you try to do a sys restore?

Did you attempt to play halo immediately after the restart or did you start it after the computer had been sitting for awhile? The ladder can cause programs to run slow for a little while if the computer executed system idle process because there was no other thread to run. So when halo is started, it demands CPU usage and immediately stops system idle process from running and adjusts how much CPU percentage will be used by halo (system idle process may have ended already if you have say perhaps programs that run on the desktop). if system idle process is used for awhile before quickly transferring CPU usage to another program, the computer can be slow at first with transferring the usage between programs. Its like waking up from sleep. Once your awake, your awake, but it takes time to start doing things at a normal pace.
04 Apr 2013, 12:18 PM
Find Reply