Find Reply
Offline SmG Conan

SmG Booster
Booster
12 Years of Service
Threads: 89
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Meatspin#9716
DrunkHand-held/Mobile GamerLegendarySapphire DonatorThanks From CloudChristmas 2018
GamerLeague of LegendsBronze MedalHalloween 2019Boost Gang
Re: LoL Discussion Thread

Don't get confused...he is OP. He is a tryndamere but stronger. As soon as you get a little bit of att speed and crit strike chance you could fuck everyone. He doesn't need to be that much into late game to own. Yet he still is item dependent.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/268RLZL.png[/img]
15 Aug 2013, 08:29 AM
Website Find Reply
Offline Alloy

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 232

They need to nerf his q, the 1 sec cooldown reduction everytime you hit and the amount of crit in it is ridiculous. You just need boots, infinity edge, and a phantom dance or staaik shiv to go super OP. In addition, he can jungle like crazy.
15 Aug 2013, 12:33 PM
Find Reply
Offline Ray88

12 Years of Service
Threads: 237
GhostLegendary

Not sure if he was buffed or nerfed lol His skill set now is much easier as his q scales with ad so just build as,ad, and crit. But at the same time when his q scale with ap, he could w while tanking the whole enemy team (keep in mind no cc is used) :p
[Image: 869aa92efa.jpg]
i7-5820k @ 4.7 ghz, Asus X99 sabertooth TUF, Kingston DDR4-3200 16 GB 
Corsair H110i GT AIO, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB x 2, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid
 Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 1440p/165hz, Corsair AX760w, Corsair Obsidian 750D
[Image: 2348111620.png]
15 Aug 2013, 02:28 PM
Find Reply
Offline Alloy

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 232

He can farm like fack he could. All you need is blue buff and keep spamming your q, an enemy yi farmed 250 minions in about 30 minuts and he's a jungler...
15 Aug 2013, 03:20 PM
Find Reply
Offline Ray88

12 Years of Service
GhostLegendary

so apparently voyboy got 2300 on his sat, is an ib scholar, and a pro gamer
what am i doing with my life
19 Jun 2014, 10:02 PM
Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

SmG Ray88 Wrote:so apparently voyboy got 2300 on his sat, is an ib scholar, and a pro gamer
what am i doing with my life

School is overrated anyways. It's based on the false premise that you can accurately measure intelligence by examining work ethic in an office setting.

Clearly only an idiot would come up with something like that. Then again, school as we know it today was invented in early-mid 1800's America to organize children into groups by age and keep them in school so that they would enter factories in periodic "waves" to make the economic circumstances of the industrial revolution more bearable for families. Reason being, there were more people than jobs, and both child labor and poverty were extremely widespread (since it was more expensive to pay adults that needed to support their families than to hire an 8 year old boy to haul coal out of a mine and breath in toxic air that would undoubtedly kill him later in life).

It is, and always has been, about social conditioning and maintaining the economic status quo. That's why children who live in poor areas are systematically sent to poor performing schools so that they retain their low economic status, while children of wealth attain schooling from high end/private schools and ivy league colleges, where the name of the brand carries all the weight.

With F's and proud.
19 Jun 2014, 10:16 PM
Find Reply
Offline Ray88

12 Years of Service
GhostLegendary

Even if you realize that it wont change anything as that is how our society is driven. Attend a prestegious college/university and go out into the real world and work. It may seem like that to you, but have you actually experienced anything higher then secondary school and basing your assumption merely on that?

I do agree to some extent that the system is biased towards those that "workhard", but have you ever thought that the reason why society accepts those that are hard working as "more intelligent"? It's because nowadays most high paying jobs require a degree of some sort to actually maintain job competitiveness and requires you to partake in post secondary education. I can tell you from my perspective, coming from a upper middle class family that money can only get you so far. Post secondary education itself is quite a challenge, coming from myself which i previously thought the same as you. (but still got a's in high school or my parents would disown me) But as time went on I noticed a change in my fellow colleagues; mainly those that attend the same school as me. Perception, awareness, logic, and knowledge are all affected as university is completely different from high school.

First year is roughly the same as high school but it'is also the year where the people "study hard to get good grades but are actually dumb as fuck" get kicked out as not only does post secondary require hardwork but it also requires diligence, problem solving, discipline, time management, and most importantly logic. A good example Q&A would be "If you have 5 pencils and i have 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because that's how many aliens dont wear hats."

I actually dont know what im talking about now and if anything i wrote previously made sense as it's pretty late but what im trying to say is that education isn't as one sided as you may perceive it to be.
19 Jun 2014, 10:55 PM
Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

SmG Ray88 Wrote:Even if you realize that it wont change anything as that is how our society is driven. Attend a prestegious college/university and go out into the real world and work. It may seem like that to you, but have you actually experienced anything higher then secondary school and basing your assumption merely on that?

I do agree to some extent that the system is biased towards those that "workhard", but have you ever thought that the reason why society accepts those that are hard working as "more intelligent"? It's because nowadays most high paying jobs require a degree of some sort to actually maintain job competitiveness and requires you to partake in post secondary education. I can tell you from my perspective, coming from a upper middle class family that money can only get you so far. Post secondary education itself is quite a challenge, coming from myself which i previously thought the same as you. (but still got a's in high school or my parents would disown me) But as time went on I noticed a change in my fellow colleagues; mainly those that attend the same school as me. Perception, awareness, logic, and knowledge are all affected as university is completely different from high school.

First year is roughly the same as high school but it'is also the year where the people "study hard to get good grades but are actually dumb as fuck" get kicked out as not only does post secondary require hardwork but it also requires diligence, problem solving, discipline, time management, and most importantly logic. A good example Q&A would be "If you have 5 pencils and i have 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because that's how many aliens dont wear hats."

I actually dont know what im talking about now and if anything i wrote previously made sense as it's pretty late but what im trying to say is that education isn't as one sided as you may perceive it to be.

>Money can't get you everything

I can't take you seriously when you joke like that.

We are talking about a socio-economic system that primarily measures the value of commodities and services in units of bank notes and you seriously want me to believe that within a society driven by such a principle, there exists things without a price tag. You can convince anyone to do or give anything provided you give them an appropriate but subjective amount money first (the only exception being death); at least that's how the economic system is designed in principle, and we base the continual function of our species on that principle of market, the assumption that anything anyone could ever need or want in society can be set up as a commodity within such a market.

Technicalities aside, I'm sure there are plenty of individuals who have drive and knowhow in your school setting, but understand that they aren't there because of that- they're there because they represent the best possible bet for the school. All schools, even public schools, are at their core businesses, and as I'm sure you of all people know, the bottom line of a business is to make money. Above all else, continuous economic growth is the highest priority of a business. How do schools earn money? By charging more in tuition and fees. How do they do so without alienating their potential customers? By building a reputation. How to they do that? By servicing customers with high statistics so as to outrank their competitors.

The actual ability and drive of a person means literally nothing. They don't care how smart you are or how much you can benefit society, what they care about are numbers.

This is where it gets REALLY fun, so please pay attention. You see, College as we know it today is very POORLY planed economically. College degrees are only good so long as they are scarce, because if everyone has one, what good does it do for the consumer? Hopefully you are already catching on. The market is over saturated as it is, where the joke "you need a degree to even flip burgers these days" is ironically becoming more and more true. You may not notice it yet because of your economic standpoint, but I have. But the best part about it all is it's an avalanche effect. You can't stop the growing problem once it's apparent. As more people need degrees to compete financially, more and more people will get them. As a result, the minimum requirements go up and up since a degree is worth less, and the cycle repeats, each time eliminating more and more less privileged people from being able to enter into higher education as the poor become poorer due to increased competition in the job market, and the wealth inequality in the first world continues to rise and rise and rise since the rich are the only ones able to consistently maintain a higher education standard, and the result of a better place within the economic ecosystem.

This is the College Bubble, and it will likely be more devastating when it bursts than the housing bubble that burst in 2007. Eventually, depending on college institutions' actions, it can likely lead to one of two possible outcomes.

A) They do not lower their standard of customer because they have a steady enough flow of rich people who can afford their standards, meaning that they don't sacrifice their profits even though it will end up detrimental to society. This isn't so much a failure from human greed as it is a failure of Capitalism. Capitalism requires constant economic growth. If a college isn't making as much money, then they are failing. They don't have a choice, what are they going to? Run out of business? The elimination of higher education institutions won't stop the impending train wreck, it will only make it worse.

B) For whatever reason, either from suicidal business models or the rare case of an ability to cut back on profit and the benevolence to do so, they lower their minimum requirements and as a result, only further enhance the problem. More people are going to have degrees now, but what can they do? They need these degrees to put food on the table right now, even if it is going to be worthless in 10 years anyway.

It's a loose loose situation, nobody can come out of it winning and there is no way you can stop it. It's already too late.

The irony is that it's not a failure of any one party, they each were doing what they had to in the socio-economic system to survive. The reality is that it is the system itself, free market and capitalism, which has ultimately caused this, and many other bubbles, to form. This is what happens when you base an economic system primarily on the individual attainment of profit. This is what happens when you let the "invisible hand" regulate society. This is how the very thing that supposedly gives you "economic freedom" ultimately leads to the exact opposite. It is a system that needs human beings to be in subset classes with varying privilege, some poor and some wealthy, in order to keep the economy rolling. It's pure, unadulterated idiocy and there is ultimately no planning or human interaction involved, hence why these unavoidable problems arise.
19 Jun 2014, 11:34 PM
Find Reply