Current time: 28 Apr 2024, 03:41 PM

copyright
Offline PirateEggs

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 168
Likes Given: 0
Re: copyright

You people are fücking stupid. Copyright is a given right, it's applied to any form of IP to the original owner at creation, anything YOU create is protected by copyright too. If you can prove you actually created the content you have full ownership and the rights over how it's used and handled.

What I think you're trying to argue you on is patents, which is 937% different to copyright, and trademark, and even registered trademarks. Copyright is a given right, the others are acquired rights.

Vergo, you pay the god damn publisher of the game for the game. It has nothing to with Sony, or Microsoft, now to play online, you're accessing Sony and / or Microsoft's servers, they have every right to charge you for access to do so. You're probably one of those idiots who thinks they shouldn't pay for fuel because they've already bought the car. :roll: That is not how it works, the things are not the same.

Can you children do any research before trying to think you know what you're talking about?
[Image: 27269.png]
13 Jul 2013, 01:37 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal

When this discussion first started. It reminded me of your sig lol.
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
13 Jul 2013, 05:19 PM
Find Reply
Offline Vergo

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 33

PirateEggs Wrote:You people are fücking stupid. Copyright is a given right, it's applied to any form of IP to the original owner at creation, anything YOU create is protected by copyright too. If you can prove you actually created the content you have full ownership and the rights over how it's used and handled.

What I think you're trying to argue you on is patents, which is 937% different to copyright, and trademark, and even registered trademarks. Copyright is a given right, the others are acquired rights.

Vergo, you pay the god damn publisher of the game for the game. It has nothing to with Sony, or Microsoft, now to play online, you're accessing Sony and / or Microsoft's servers, they have every right to charge you for access to do so. You're probably one of those idiots who thinks they shouldn't pay for fuel because they've already bought the car. :roll: That is not how it works, the things are not the same.

Can you children do any research before trying to think you know what you're talking about?
I still don't want to pay >.>

Btw i'm older than you , not because you guys know a lot of pc and stuff makes you look mature :P
I believe, whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you....Stronger!                          

[Image: o6ldxq9c.png]
Tryouts done: 5
Fake's Caught : 24 Glitcher's Caught : 11 Hackers caught : 3

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnhDnr3hml3KGHDBoVlsn...G_yD9GeLoV]
[Image: 4062781678.png][Image: tumblr_inline_ng02a3R9WW1t635ft.gif]
13 Jul 2013, 11:11 PM
Find Reply
Offline calv1n

Registered
10 Years of Service
Threads: 8

PirateEggs Wrote:You people are fücking stupid. Copyright is a given right, it's applied to any form of IP to the original owner at creation, anything YOU create is protected by copyright too. If you can prove you actually created the content you have full ownership and the rights over how it's used and handled.

FUCK YOU GIVE ME FREE FUEL
[Image: xfCOZD3.jpg]
13 Jul 2013, 11:37 PM
Find Reply
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

A car also doesn't have the price of fuel built into it. A gaming console is priced to reflect the inclusion of the ability to go online, but then you still have to pay to be able to go online? Its more like paying to go across a bridge and then upon reaching the other side asking for more money.

With the whole copyright thing. Your right, through out the whole debate we've sort of flopped around with trademarks, patents and actual copyright without distinguishing between them. Lets just say intelectual property and move on, because to be frank keeping on it is just beating a dead horse.
13 Jul 2013, 11:53 PM
Find Reply
Offline PirateEggs

Registered
13 Years of Service

SmG Vergo Wrote:I still don't want to pay >.>
Exactly, this about what you want, not what is valid.

SmG Vergo Wrote:Btw i'm older than you , not because you guys know a lot of pc and stuff makes you look mature :P
You just sound like a complete and utter jackass when you bring age into anything.

SmG McPet Wrote:A car also doesn't have the price of fuel built into it. A gaming console is priced to reflect the inclusion of the ability to go online, but then you still have to pay to be able to go online? Its more like paying to go across a bridge and then upon reaching the other side asking for more money.
To use your motor vehicle, a car in this instance, you must pay fees, registration fees and such. So I guess it could be like that. There are reasons these fees exist. You have to pay for internet access, although all it is a giant network of computers.
14 Jul 2013, 03:28 PM
Website Find Reply
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425
Graphics MasterBronze MedalThanks From Cloud5KLegendarySilver Medal

SmG Vergo Wrote:

I still don't want to pay >.>

Btw i'm older than you , not because you guys know a lot of pc and stuff makes you look mature :P

What about tax? If you don't pay that who will build or fix your roads? And it fuel was free then we wouldn't be able to drive because they will all be gone by now.
[Image: ABT7lEM.gif]
14 Jul 2013, 04:59 PM
Find Reply

Unregistered

I agree with battle fire
14 Jul 2013, 05:10 PM
Offline Vergo

Registered
11 Years of Service
Threads: 33

Nah nobody likes battlefire >.>
Btw pirate i was talking about the games and stuff , nothing to do with fuel >.>
I don't like younger people to call me a child , only for you to know.
I believe, whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you....Stronger!                          

[Image: o6ldxq9c.png]
Tryouts done: 5
Fake's Caught : 24 Glitcher's Caught : 11 Hackers caught : 3

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnhDnr3hml3KGHDBoVlsn...G_yD9GeLoV]
[Image: 4062781678.png][Image: tumblr_inline_ng02a3R9WW1t635ft.gif]
15 Jul 2013, 01:50 AM
Find Reply
Offline PirateEggs

Registered
13 Years of Service

You are a year older than me. I don't see how your point is valid. In the U.S you're an adult when you're 21, so you're only just not a child. ;)

The point is, when you buy a game, you are paying the publisher for your copy of the game.
You're not paying Microsoft even a cent (I'm using XBOX LIVE as the example here, but same applies for PS+).

Beasty, god damn kiddo, learn the difference between your and you're. You're not understanding it. Either, you're doing it because you legitimately don't know, or aren't trying to type properly, but I can see you're using mostly proper sentence structure, minus a ton of grammar.
You're: A contraction of you and are. (You're a noob. You're a spongy minx.)
Your: To define ownership. (Your dog. Your grammar sucks. Your nipples are erect)

The price you pay for the console, is the price the company has put on that hardware inclusive of nothing else, no where do they start it includes the price of the stuff. Bandwidth is not free. It costs money.
People usually bring Steam into this, how can Steam do it for free? You know, it can't, and doesn't. Most servers are not actually hosted by them. They're usually hosted by ISP and occasionally hosting companies, but Steam don't really host anything. When you buy a $50 game on Steam, 75% goes to the dev / publisher, and Valve keep the other 25%. So in a $50 purchase, Steam get $12.50, with millions of people active on Steam, and at least half of those buy at least one game per week with all their sales they have. They have their community market which they take a 5% pull in every sale that goes in that, well depending on the game, the dev of that game takes 10% and Valve take 5%, if it's their game, they take the full 15%.
Neither Microsoft, or Sony have anything like this, this is why they need to charge you for their online services, they have the servers, they pay the servers. PS+ also offers you a ton of "free" stuff as part of your subscription, that stuff costs Sony nothing to give out, except the bandwidth to download it, but your fees pay that shit.

I don't really care, you can complain about it all you like I guess, but, there are reasons they exist and won't dissipate.
15 Jul 2013, 02:27 AM
Website Find Reply