Current time: 06 May 2024, 01:14 AM

Oh America...
Offline RockerJ

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 14
Likes Given: 0
Re: Oh America...

I don't want to start drama, but beasty, there are good and bad people.
Minecraft: RockerJohn98
Halo 1 + CE: SmG RockerJ
Youtube: SmG RockerJ or Big Baby John

[Image: epiphone_les_paul_special.jpg]
[Image: rockerjohn98.png]
[Image: 28345.png]
09 Aug 2014, 03:39 PM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Threads: 206
Discord: betsy#4548
WriterEmerald DonatorJokerOverwatch5KLegendary
Discord Warrior

SmG RockerJ Wrote:I don't want to start drama, but beasty, there are good and bad people.

Good and bad are subjective at best. You have to provide a universal method of gauging actions as either good or bad, and then prove that that perception is more valid. Good luck doing that.

Like I said, there's no such thing as good guys and bad guys. Just like there is no right and wrong or truth and fiction.
09 Aug 2014, 06:27 PM
Find
Offline RockerJ

Registered
12 Years of Service

Beasty Wrote:
SmG RockerJ Wrote:I don't want to start drama, but beasty, there are good and bad people.

Good and bad are subjective at best. You have to provide a universal method of gauging actions as either good or bad, and then prove that that perception is more valid. Good luck doing that.

Like I said, there's no such thing as good guys and bad guys. Just like there is no right and wrong or truth and fiction.

Your first statements apply to the secular world. However, the last one is inapplicable anywhere. Truth is truth. It is true. Fiction is a fallacy, a made-up scenario, maybe even a theory.

But this ain't the time or place for drama as such. Weren't we talking about guns? [supasnipa] [supasnipa] [supasnipa] [supasnipa] [supasnipa]

09 Aug 2014, 08:31 PM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

SmG RockerJ Wrote:
Beasty Wrote:

Your first statements apply to the secular world. However, the last one is inapplicable anywhere. Truth is truth. It is true. Fiction is a fallacy, a made-up scenario, maybe even a theory.

But this ain't the time or place for drama as such. Weren't we talking about guns? [supasnipa] [supasnipa] [supasnipa] [supasnipa] [supasnipa]

No, now I want to talk about this.

So... how exactly do you detirmine what is good or bad?

Also, truth as an objective absolute is nonexistent due to the mere fact that you can question it's validity. How do you know something? How do you know that you know that you know it? Truth is simply the most consistant and shared perception on any particular topic. Nothing technically exists in absolute objectivity because it would be impossible to prove it actually has those properties.

This isn't a matter of religion. The "secularity" of these concepts are irrelevant because they are self evident; i.e. you can reach those conclusions without any prior assumptions.
09 Aug 2014, 10:25 PM
Find
Offline RockerJ

Registered
12 Years of Service

Beasty Wrote:No, now I want to talk about this.

Also, truth as an objective absolute is nonexistent due to the mere fact that you can question it's validity. How do you know something? How do you know that you know that you know it? Truth is simply the most consistant and shared perception on any particular topic. Nothing technically exists in absolute objectivity because it would be impossible to prove it actually has those properties.

This isn't a matter of religion. The "secularity" of these concepts are irrelevant because they are self evident; i.e. you can reach those conclusions without any prior assumptions.

See, nothing can be universal, so as humans, we (often) use the "shared perception" of the most people. Perhaps to you, who I believe has stated "I have no morals" (or something to that effect), there is no right or wrong, but to me and another Billion others, some things are right and some are wrong. Keeping people from protecting themselves is wrong!

09 Aug 2014, 10:47 PM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

SmG RockerJ Wrote:
Beasty Wrote:No, now I want to talk about this.

See, nothing can be universal, so as humans, we (often) use the "shared perception" of the most people. Perhaps to you, who I believe has stated "I have no morals" (or something to that effect), there is no right or wrong, but to me and another Billion others, some things are right and some are wrong. Keeping people from protecting themselves is wrong!

So says you. Who's to say that to someone else (say, a serial killer), people dying isn't a great thing? What makes you think you and a billion others are more right then he is?
09 Aug 2014, 10:50 PM
Find
Offline RockerJ

Registered
12 Years of Service

Faith

09 Aug 2014, 11:04 PM
Find
Offline Beasty

The Lord thy God
11 Years of Service
Discord Warrior

SmG RockerJ Wrote:Faith

...which is synonymous with gullibility, mind you.

Belief without evidence, huh? You've got to be a special kind of retarded to value something like that. That's completely counter-intuitive and it's an intellectual cop-out. It's an admittance to an absence of validity and it's something to be mocked.

If that's your trump card then I'm sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, but it's a logical fallacy. You can read all about it here. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-emotion">https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-emotion</a><!-- m -->
10 Aug 2014, 12:03 AM
Find
Offline RockerJ

Registered
12 Years of Service

Beasty Wrote:
SmG RockerJ Wrote:Faith

...which is synonymous with gullibility, mind you.

Belief without evidence, huh? You've got to be a special kind of retarded to value something like that. That's completely counter-intuitive and it's an intellectual cop-out. It's an admittance to an absence of validity and it's something to be mocked.

If that's your trump card then I'm sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, but it's a logical fallacy. You can read all about it here. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-emotion">https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-emotion</a><!-- m -->

Hey man, remember, we all have our own subjective views!

10 Aug 2014, 12:12 AM
Find
Offline SmG Battlefire

12 Years of Service
Threads: 425