Offline SmG Tentacle

SmG's Overlord
6 Years of Service
Threads: 67
Likes Given: 0
Discord: Tentacle#3954
Emerald DonatorScoutDiscord WarriorFortniter
RE: What do you think of religion??

There's no way of telling what the real truth is but I've always thought most religions help comfort people. Idk I've always found that religion for me has been a way of meditation and it has helped keep my family close so I don't have a problem with it. I don't necessarily believe all of the teachings but, like I said, it's a way of comfort. It's different for everyone.
15 Jan 2018, 06:17 PM
Find
Offline Nobody

Registered
6 Years of Service
Threads: 1
Discord: Nobody#6827

Although I don't believe in religion it does contain many benefits to a contemporary society, additionally theology has benefited mankind on numerous occasions. However I find the belief in a supernatural being with omnipotent power to be quite foolish, but that is only an opinion, and I hold the utmost respect for any beliefs.
15 Jan 2018, 06:43 PM
Find
UzzyFTW

Unregistered
54 Years of Service

(08 Jan 2018, 12:05 PM)Ray88 Wrote: Religion is for weak minded people that are looking for an easy answer

^ I approve that. I even see it as brainwashing kids. Which parents would do such things to their new borns?. . .
16 Jan 2018, 04:37 AM
Offline Makettle

Registered
6 Years of Service
Threads: 1
Discord: Makettle

I personally think that religion has gotten to a point that it is no longer what some would call a way of life or a guide to how one should try to be, its became more of a way for people to be controlled. Just as a past priest has said, Hell for example was created by the church in order to control its people into thinking "if you sin or do bad things, you will get a one way ticket to hell". By quite literally scaring the hell out of people, it controls them into being morally good people. Maybe in the past that worked, but now you have a large community of people that believe they are doing everything that God might want them to do, but don't understand with Christianity for example, "if you  are gay you are going to hell". Even though the bible says that god judges on that fact, and that his followers should not be judgmental in general. Christians sin everyday but think that if someone else sins they are morally better than them, which is another sin. I gave up religion a while ago when my mother was sick all of the time but would pray to a god that supposedly created everything, that includes sickness. I could never understand how people that have things such as sickness happen to them, could pray to the very being that is causing it. I believe that humans have evolved past a point for the need of religion because it is no longer doing any good. It just seems to breed more people that think because they believe in a god and religion that they are better than those who don't, or do not follow the same religion as them. I more so have my own quirky belief that, everyone's souls, if came together as one would create the entity known as god. Because I feel that if it were true, each person would have a piece of god within themselves, we create everything, even life.
16 Jan 2018, 05:31 PM
Find