6 Years of Service
Threads: 174
Likes Given: 10
Discord: Wires #2306
CoolBronze MedalProgrammerSupporterCrystal DonatorGhost
Gavel of TrinityBronyThe BombGolden GuardianDiscord WarriorEntertainer
Halloween 2019InstagramDiamondBoost Gang
RE: A Constructive Critique Of SmG

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write feedback as I always make an effort to read all of them, but what we have here is feedback infused with personal attacks. I haven't got a lot of time but I felt that it's important to respond to some of your points sooner rather than later.

Quote:But then you, the staff, label me as toxic and a troll, and question if I should even be a part of SmG.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't questioned whether you should be here or not. I think you question it too, as you've acknowledged it by saying "I know how that sounds coming from SmG’s worst possible member. That is me, ya boi Pizza Joe, now that Pengu is gone". But again, lets not talk about you specifically, I'll address the "feedback" you've provided.

Quote:attitude of the staff towards anyone attempting to have any non g-rated fun

Understand that there's a growing frustration between staff when they have to warn people, not once, not twice, sometimes not even three times. 

Quote:I get a 3 day mute. Muted 3 fucking days for talking making a dumb joke about an island off the east coast of Canada. And it wasn't even a penis joke.

I only briefly know about this situation. I believe staff thought you were referring to NSFW comments, such as penis, during this conversation. It takes a long time to build a positive reputation, but it only takes minutes to build a negative one. You have a stigma around you, which is difficult to get rid of and takes time, so when staff see what you're talking about they're inevitably going to assume NSFW. Unfortunately this is life. If you're always the person in a group that causes trouble and gets in trouble for it, the one time you're not causing trouble you may still get blamed, because of the stigma and reputation attached to you. 

Quote:Only person that got triggered was him. Dude’s got a huge stick, no, he’s got the entire tree up his ass if you ask me.

And this is where I nearly stopped reading. The personal attacks are unnecessary as there's other appropriate routes for you to take if you have a problem with a member of staff. I have made it clear time and time again, attacks on the staff team are not tolerated and I make it my duty to deal with those that do. Now, you're free to vent in my DMs and make a complaint about a member of staff, but public attacks, are most certainly not the way to go about this. Your thread wasn't junked because of your "feedback", it was junked because of the personal attack. I felt it was necessary to respond where possible, hence why it's closed over being junked.

Quote:You guys clearly have “Safe For Work” and “Child Friendly” mixed up or something.

Quote:With this mindset you’ve basically turned SmG into a weak ass children’s daycare and it’s awful.

Unfortunately or fortunately, SFW comes down to discretion. I've put in place some guidelines like "No excessive swearing or directed at a person", but it mostly comes down to staff discretion. We're also fairly lenient when it comes to display pictures and custom status'. I've also asked staff to be lenient when it comes to text NSFW. If you can give me a few scenarios/examples, I can clarify if they're NSFW or not and why.

Quote:The boys aren’t even being toxic, they’re just being boys.

Staff receive a very hard time when banning people for toxicity and drama. I personally critique most toxic/drama bans and will ask staff how they've come to that conclusion and evidence. There's A LOT of thought processing that goes behind these types of bans. I critique such bans so much I actually piss staff off quite a lot, but I do it to ensure all bans are air-tight. A lot of this the typical user wouldn't see as it's behind the scenes.

Quote:A boy kindly questions you why you banned his fellow boy and he’s met with extreme hostility and he’s threatened to be banned too.

Staff have been asked to not disclose information about other bans/mutes to people other than the person who's been banned/muted. 

@«SmG» Cloud is very busy. But hopefully he gets time to sit down and play some games with you guys. The rest of that paragraph... It just seems like you're whining about how SmG is not fun anymore and how most people here browse via mobile.

Thank you for your "feedback".
[Image: wiressignaturefinal.gif]
12 Mar 2020, 09:06 AM
Find