Reactions to disabilities
Offline SmG LittleBeta

SmG Member
3 Years of Service
Threads: 6
Likes Given: 2
Discord: Little Beta#4782
RE: Reactions to disabilities

i have to say I find it actually surprising that so many of you are familiar with it in some way. I have gone through life struggling since I graduated to make any real connection with anyone irl. I am aware of the reality that some ppl do find it discomforting when I approach them bc they don't know how to talk back to me. A lack of relatability, not understanding the conditon so being nervous, feeling afraid of saying something sensitive, etc.. Normal things that ppl tend to have go through their mind when they aren't used to disabled persons. So its really encouraging to hear everyone's opinions as they are. Makes me all the more comfortable to be in this community.

(17 Aug 2020, 05:49 PM)Kylie Wrote: Wheelchair or not, disabled or not everyone is equal.  I've even had the pleasure of working with children with disabilities whilst i was at college & was honestly one the most memorable things i did whilst i was there for good reasons! Even got to play wheelchair basketball which was 10x better than normal basketball  Pogchamp

Ok so this reminded me of the few times I did wheelchair soccer and it was sooooo much fun. Having these shields over the legs and the electric wheelchairs you would use could go up to 20 mph which is fast in wheelchair speeds. Fast enough to cross a soccer field pretty quickly. I loved playing it and I also have the chance to play wheelchair basketball possibly with a disabled group I met in Atlanta once. Very independent group of disabled young adults. Was super empowering to see but they have their own basketball team :3
(This post was last modified: 17 Aug 2020, 10:29 PM by LittleBeta.)
17 Aug 2020, 10:27 PM
Find Reply