Current time: 29 Apr 2024, 03:11 AM

Poll: Is Stinger a nig?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
77.78%
7 77.78%
No
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Religion?
Offline unKnowN

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 36
Likes Given: 0
Re: Religion?

My parents were never strict with me in terms o religion though they are catholic. That freedom allowed me to think more about the existence of god. For me he or she doesn't exist and religion is usually use to explain facts that we can't explain with science or any other way for example how the universe started. The science exists to explain every single thing in the universe and is never going to be over because there will be always things to discover but as a simple solution to the things science can't explain for the moment and there is when god appears. I found the evolution really interesting and its something we don't know that much and thanks to the end of Middle Ages is that Darwin could discover the first step related to it. But it was in Middle Ages when people didn't practice many things including science because they said that god explained everything. Now many things that people said in the past related to god and even in actual times in religious sects are often people who suffer a mental disorder I say this because I have seen this in real cases and also in a show in TV in which this person controlled mainly a town because he claim to be god's messenger and every1 agreed and finally died because of his mental disease. People say that god is the only one who can take the life of someone with this I mean to kill him but if that is true how is that I can kill myself right now while typing and no1 is going to do anything except I guess for my parents if they notice. God is not going to kill me I am going to be the one who decides to kill myself and other deaths are mainly accidents or people who kill other for stupid reasons.
ROFLCOPTER LOVER
[Image: notknown2.png]
06 Mar 2012, 01:04 PM
Find
Offline OldSpritz

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 57

Religion... Man's interpretation of a God or Gods..

The posts here are pretty much the full spectrum of today's societies...

The world in total debt, wars and rumors of wars, school suicides and shootings...

Food shortages and sickness everywhere...but, man's interpretation of a God or

Gods is still the way of the world...how very sad and how very stubborn...

The next forty years is gonna be one to remember for eternity...

And we get to be a part of it....

Buckle your seatbelts!

[spritz]
[Image: 1807757678.png]
06 Mar 2012, 01:21 PM
Website Find
Offline Anomaly1

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 15

AppleKokoNut Wrote:I found your opinion very interesting, because my brother has started a doctorate in biochemistry a few months ago, and his opinion is quite the opposite of yours. He was raised, like me, as a catholic christian. But he started saying that the things he discovers everyday in his job/studies make him realize that everything that IS, is MEANT TO BE because of the science chain. Nothing exists by accident. I won't go into details, but he claims now that thanks to that, he no longer believes in God, at least for the "almighty creator" side of the idea.

Oh I completely understand where he's coming from. The laws of physics and chemical reactions are convincing enough. I'm just saying that I believe that the likelihood of the big bang and the likelihood of a creator (almighty or otherwise) rival each other.
That's prominently why I choose the agnostic point of view. No matter what we will never know for sure whether a scientific chain of micro-organism creation occurred, or whether there is some deity that may or may not be watching over us. Scientific hypothesis teaches us that without testable results we can not make reliable conclusions. Therefore I remain open to both concepts, but respectfully choose to remain undecided. I figure there's better use for my time than to ponder and explore theology and scientific theory. Solving the origin of our existence is less important (to me anyway) than more pressing matters, like cancer and AIDS.
Youtube: Show Me Gameplay Pl0x!
GT: iTz Anomaly , MLG Anomalyy
MLG: Semi-Pro, Halo 2, 2007
Clemson University, South Carolina
06 Mar 2012, 01:31 PM
Find
Offline resol

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 2

SmG Bravo Wrote:What religion do you believe in? or you were raised as?

I was raised as a Catholic but I'm now an Atheist who BELIEVES in God, but I reject him, refuse to worship him.
Well by definition you are not an atheist, an atheist is one who does not believe in any sort of higher power.
[Image: coldsmg1.jpg]
06 Mar 2012, 01:37 PM
Find
Offline SmG Stinger

Reaper
12 Years of Service
Threads: 584
Discord: Stingaz#8558
Gavel of TrinityThe BombGuardianOverwatchThanks From CloudSpeaker of the House
LegendaryDiscord WarriorDiamondWriter5KGamer
The BombHalloweenPet LoverChristmas 2018Discord MasterBronze Medal
Cool

I dont really believe in god, or any of that stuff
Now, if there is a god, he/she is doing a terrible job and all
But... im Australianese.... :lol:
[Image: Stinger-1.gif]
06 Mar 2012, 04:38 PM
Find
Offline SmG Psych

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ S U C C ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
12 Years of Service
Threads: 92
Likes Given: 2
Discord: Psych#4540
Crystal DonatorLegendaryFortniter

My religion is philosophy. I can disprove religion in less than 5 minutes...heres how:

God is perfect
If God is perfect, he/she can only thing and do things that are perfect
A perfect person can only think of there own perfection
To create takes thought
That said thought would have to be perfect in a perfect being
Are we perfect...no
Is the universe perfect...no
Therfore, God could not have created the universe, humans, or anything that isnt perfect for that matter.
Could God exist...yes, theroeticly
If God does exist, he/she didnt create us...

I dont believe in religion, but i do believe in the supernatural (i have had experiences) and higher beings, just not perfect beings.

DISCLAIMER: NOT MENT TO OFFEND...MEARLY MY OPINION
[Image: jyECP6x.png]
06 Mar 2012, 05:21 PM
Find
Offline resol

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 2

So what if God made something that was perfectly imperfect?
[Image: coldsmg1.jpg]
06 Mar 2012, 05:41 PM
Find
Offline Sman545

Registered
13 Years of Service
Threads: 137

SmG Psych Wrote:Are we perfect...no
Is the universe perfect...no
Remember? Eve ate an apple from the tree of knowledge which caused God to punish her by letting us become weak, old, and die. This soon let to greed, hate, love, and all the other things that make us imperfect.
As for the world, half of the imperfections are due to us, and I also think that God felt like making there be a reason behind everything. You know like why was the universe created? Oh the big bang.
How do we live? Oh we breathe which goes into our blood that spreads to the rest of our bodies.

Lol, anyways. As you can guess, I'm Catholic/ Christian. My family has gone to both Catholic and Christian churches (idk why) lol.
But what I think is that religion really depends mostly on where you were born and to whom. Mostly.
Like, if you were born to Jews, you will probably be Jewish for the rest of your life.
If you were born in a Buddhist country, you will probably be Buddhist.
However, your life also contradicts into this.
Like Bravo said, he became Atheist on his own role.
Why? Because he wanted to, he acquired his own opinions and beliefs through life.
Also like Anomalyy and Koko's brother, they were influenced by the study of biology and things.
They would have probably never have changed their minds if they hadn't joined this.

Overall, I believe in God, yet I'm pretty sure all of us have had times wondering if whoever we believe in is real. I mean if God has the power to help billions of people... why doesn't he?
Anyways, I don't base people by their beliefs. If they're Muslim, I won't think of them differently than I would if they were Catholic.
Hell, if I fell in love with a Muslim women I would marry her, not caring about our differences.

Lol, if you read all of this thank you for reading my opinions. Btw, not trying to hurt anyone's beliefs, like my parents told me, "You can believe in anything you want. It's your life so if you want to even believe aliens created us, so be it."
:)
Btw, lol some kid in my school actually does believe aliens created us, lol. I won't judge him though, even though I may think he is crazy because of it sometimes.
~skrrtskrrt~~

[Image: tumblr_nwjh48gfnE1soqrhbo1_r1_1280.jpg]

06 Mar 2012, 07:18 PM
Find
Offline Rebel

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 136

I dont exactly go with the big bang theory. Like nebula wrote: It jst cant happen by itself? can it? and how?!!!
Download now!

[Image: 1832421002.png][Image: 6977435.gif]
Reaper Squad Founder
[Image: lY5Iifw.jpg]
06 Mar 2012, 07:22 PM
Find
Offline Anomaly1

Registered
12 Years of Service
Threads: 15

SmG Rebel Wrote:I dont exactly go with the big bang theory. Like nebula wrote: It jst cant happen by itself? can it? and how?!!!

We don't necessarily know how. There's a lot about astrophysics that we as humans do not, and probably will not discover for a long time.
It is often referred to as originating as a singularity, but now we're delving into multidimensional quantum physics and Higg's field energy fluctuations. (see quantum inflation)

The study of anti-matter may prove to be useful in our studies but we haven't quite done enough research using it to quite know what its existence entails. Mostly because the only anti-matter we've successfully synthesized and sustained (to my knowledge) are positrons. Anti-protons are substantially harder to contain given their mass and charge.

There is also a theory based on the light refracted off of stars and solar systems, as one approaches t=0 that the number of photons between now and the singularity (beginning, or just after the beginning of existence, depending on which theory you adhere to) suggesting that there is no beginning, and the universe is infinitely old.

There's another that suggests every black hole results in the birth of a new universe. Therefore there are 10^infinite universes, infinitely expanding in multiple dimensions.
Although that still leaves the question of the ORIGINAL "mother" universe.

There are several others that are beyond me, dealing with space-time curvature, quantum field planes, and applied differential geometry. But you get the picture, lots of stuff that we have only scraped the surface of discovering. It could be that the answer is so vastly complex that we don't have the potential to understand. Conventional thinking provides that there must be a specific beginning to everything, and that the mechanics of the universe are subject to the laws we've derived through observation. We as humans tend to think we have a firm grasp on reality and existence in three dimensions. However deviation opens the possibility that there is no beginning, that time is infinite in one direction, or even cyclical in nature.
Youtube: Show Me Gameplay Pl0x!
GT: iTz Anomaly , MLG Anomalyy
MLG: Semi-Pro, Halo 2, 2007
Clemson University, South Carolina
06 Mar 2012, 08:02 PM
Find